Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
possible baby?
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds  Reply to topic   Post new topic
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.05.23(Mon)22:07    Post subject: possible baby? Reply with quote

I have a 75 gallon pond with 1 just Common Goldfish and 2 smaller ones. Just recently I noticed a new one just slightly smaller than the 2 smaller ones, with black fins and other spotches of black. I have never owned a goldfish with any black at all. I thought "Wow! I have a baby goldfish!" but then I thought "Why is there only 1?"

Do they lay eggs?
If not how many do they usually have at a time.
keithkyli
Members

PostPosted: 2011.06.01(Wed)0:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do lay eggs. In extreme cases, hundreds of eggs. I read that from some Chinese forum. Most of them get eaten as eggs, some of then get eaten as fry, and you are pretty lucky to have one grown large enough to be seen. I hope it wasn't dropped in by a storm! Laughing
ant1
Members

PostPosted: 2011.06.01(Wed)14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

common goldfish are not always gold,I've had a pond running for the better side of eight years,ours have bred and we have a healthy bunch of brown goldfish,that if I've got this right will turn gold at some point or they will stay as they are reverted back to they're natural state.
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.06.01(Wed)21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay so it is most likely a baby that beat the odds and grew up?
ant1
Members

PostPosted: 2011.06.02(Thu)14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup funny things goldfish you never know what color they're gonna be,that's thousands of years of breeding for you.
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: