Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Is my Cichlid sick?
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
trendsetter56
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.05.27(Fri)15:35    Post subject: Is my Cichlid sick? Reply with quote

My hubby and I just had the biggest move of our lives!! We had to transport two large fish tanks 80 gallon and 120 gallon 800 klm as we have been relocated work wise. It took us 9 hours to set everything up for the move and 9 hours travelling time. After getting both tanks set up and working properly all fish seemed okay. " Thank God" we said however, this morning I noticed that my calico Cichlid was not seeming to be doing okay. It is not swimming upright and is having trouble balancing. It lays on its side and turn upside down before managing to turn itself right way up. Is this a symptom of the move? All other fish are doing okay. Should I be concerned and if so what suggestions do you have to keep this Cichlid alive!!

Sad
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.05.27(Fri)16:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tested the water & how did you transport the fish & the filters?
trendsetter56
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.05.27(Fri)16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

The water tested okay and the filters and furniture were transported in the original tank water in sealed buckets.
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.05.27(Fri)16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

trendsetter56 wrote:
The water tested okay and the filters and furniture were transported in the original tank water in sealed buckets.

If the filters were closed & sealed there may have been some die back. Try a water change.
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: