Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Flame Angel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.05.18(Wed)23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

ant1 wrote:
we all think that there may be an external reason for the end of time but.........what would happen if the earths core ran out of magma to feed our volcano's?.I would imagine that the earth would just implode should it run out.is there a way to determine how much molten rock is still waiting to be expelled or is there even a method of trying to calculate/determine what would happen if this event ever came to pass. Question

I'm no expert but I think it's more of a cycle? As in, rock on the sea floor is forced under and consequently turned into more 'magma'...so it won't ever run out as such, as it's constantly being replaced. Don't quote me on that though Laughing

Quote:
Why did he destroy it before? Because US the people made it what we wanted. Not how God wanted it to be! That is the reason the Bible gives for the great flood.

What do you mean by 'destroy'? Quite obviously the world isn't 'destroyed'...do you just mean the extinction of homo sapiens?

Quote:
Side note: contrary to popular belief, When God said to Moses "Build an arch and load 2 of every animal on the arch so you and your family will be safe." Is not correct. God said "Take 7 of every animal and load them onto the arch 2 by 2."

Legit question - do you actually believe that happened? I've always wondered if Christians genuinly believe in that...
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.05.19(Thu)15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the extenction of the human population. I have my doubts about it bu I do believe he made an arch because how else did he survive and nobody else did? Like the other ddoubts I have in the Bible are things that arent mentioned. There is nothing about dinosaurs in the Bible but there is no doubt theey existed! There is physical proof they did!
Flame Angel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.05.21(Sat)20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must have been a pretty decent sized ark to fit 7 of each of the millions of species on Earth...

Another question - what's your opinion on evolution?
Nova_C
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2011.05.24(Tue)14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's 'ark' and unless there's a translation issue:

Genesis 6:19
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%206:19&version=NKJV

Quote:
And of every living thing of all flesh you shall bring two of every sort into the ark, to keep them alive with you; they shall be male and female.

About the Earth's core: It's estimated that it is cooling at a rate of 100 degrees per one billion years. I guess eventually the Earth will die - but not while man walks its surface. Every celestial body has a cycle. It's just the timeline is well beyond the perspective of man.
Flame Angel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.05.25(Wed)0:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and I guess this topic (both end of the world and religion) is relevant with the recent rapture...or there lack of.

I think I have survived the end of the world something like 5 times now.
Nova_C
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2011.05.25(Wed)0:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a search on youtube for "QI great disappointment". Such a great show - I wish I got the BBC here. Totally relevant and also hilarious. Smile
Flame Angel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.05.25(Wed)5:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing That's great.

I love Stephen Fry! I think I may be spending the rest of tonight watching more of that now. I've already spent all afternoon watching interviews with Richard Dawkins - there's something about the way he speaks which is actually really entertaining, and he always has something interesting to say.
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to: