Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Chocolate gourami behviour
 Forum Index > Freshwater Fish Species  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Zowie72
Members

PostPosted: 2011.05.07(Sat)2:29    Post subject: Chocolate gourami behviour Reply with quote

I bought two chocolate gourami about 4 weeks ago and am hoping I've got a male and female. My LFS thought they were, but wasn't certain, what differences should I be looking for?

They have taken a little while to settle into the community tank, very shy for a while, but have been coming out more and more. They now don't swim away as soon as they see me and actually come right out to be fed.

Today I have spent most of my time watching them (oops, no jobs done today) they have been out in the open area of the tank apparently following each other in circles, first one leading then the other. Occasionally one will have a little dash at the other, but they are quickly following each other again. Then one seems to swim almost on it side for a bit right in front of the other and so on... All fins have been out on display during most of this, so what is going on? Courting display, setting up territories, something else? Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,
Zowie.
unissuh
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.05.11(Wed)17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure - could be courting or a dominance display. Perhaps have a look on youtube for mating/dominance displays...there are a few clips on chocolate gourami.
 Forum Index > Freshwater Fish Species All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: