Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Need new trim for tank
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY)  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Cinder
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.04.28(Thu)14:53    Post subject: Need new trim for tank Reply with quote

I'm looking at a 50 gln. tall aquarium on Craigslist. The guy says that someone tried to paint the trim blue sometime in the past and it looks horrible.

Is it possible to get replacement trim parts? Or, does any DIYer know how to 'fix' that visual problem?
jsuereth
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.05.01(Sun)20:01    Post subject: Re: Need new trim for tank Reply with quote

Cinder wrote:
I'm looking at a 50 gln. tall aquarium on Craigslist. The guy says that someone tried to paint the trim blue sometime in the past and it looks horrible.

Is it possible to get replacement trim parts? Or, does any DIYer know how to 'fix' that visual problem?

Yes you can order new trim. Most companies will happily provide you replacement parts (I called a few). If your cragislisting is like mine, the aquarium manufacturer is unknown, and you're a bit S.O.L. In this case, custom tank designers can sell you rim kits that might not match, but could look good.

OR you could go the route I did and call a glass shop and get braces cut that are glass and silicon them in place (after removing the old rim). A bit more work, because the rims are siliconed and that's a pain to remove.
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY) All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: