Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
How to keep snails without fish?
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates  Reply to topic   Post new topic
MrSpock
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.04.29(Fri)20:27    Post subject: How to keep snails without fish? Reply with quote

I've been tying to hatch Triops without much success, but in the 2.5 gallon tank I set up for them snails have appeared. I bought a unidentified plant (possibly hornwart) that "grows like a weed" according to the pet store guy and to my delight, after putting it into the small aquarium, some small snails emerged. So far I've seen two Pouch/Tadpole snails and two Malaysian trumpet snails. Seeing as my Triops hatching has been unsuccessful these snails have been living alone, with the plant, for the past week. I'd like to keep them, so is there anything I should feed them since there are no fish leftovers to feed on, or should the plant be enough. Also, I don't have a filter in the tank because Triops live in still ephemeral pools and don't like moving water. Will the snails survive or breed in such conditions?
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: