Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Another noob
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community  Reply to topic   Post new topic
sse1990
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.04.23(Sat)22:18    Post subject: Another noob Reply with quote

Hey everyone.

I've had a few aquariums in the past, and am looking to get back into it. I kept one of my 50 gallon aquariums, that has been stored for the past 10 years. It's about 15 years old. I had a look at the silicone tonight and it all looks great.

I'm not sure if I want to fill it up and risk a leak on the new flooring I just installed.

I thought about turning it into a terrarium but I miss keeping fish. There is something about coming home after a long day of work and just enjoying the sights and sounds of the aquarium.

If the silicone all looks good and isn't peeling anywhere, I guess the only thing to do is fill it up and test for leaks right?

I'm sure I could go one with plenty of questions, but this is only supposed to be my intro, lol.

I will search the forum as much as possible before I ask too many questions.

Btw my name is Mike and I'm 35 if that matters.
Cinder
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.04.25(Mon)15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike! Welcome!!

When I bring in new tanks, some pretty old, I take them outside and fill them with water from my garden hose. I leave them to set overnight and watch for any leaks during that time. I make sure the cement floor, under them, is completely dry so that I can tell at a glance if there is any water leaking from anywhere.

Then drain and bring in to set up inside.

I think you should put fish in it...
Very Happy
KhiaraFish
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.04.28(Thu)15:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! What Cinder is saying you should do is pretty much what I do, except with smaller tanks I just fill them up in my bathtub. Rolling Eyes

My fish mugged me and stole my wallet!
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: