Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Reverse Osmosis Unit
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Reply to topic   Post new topic
carpalstunna
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.04.22(Fri)12:55    Post subject: Reverse Osmosis Unit Reply with quote

Hey all,
I have a question about a reverse osmosis unit. I am contemplating purchasing a unit but have questions about what to buy. I mostly want it for topping off my tank. My water is hard and seems that by topping off my water gets harder and my pH is also high. A over 8 according to my test strips. Also my hardness is as high as the chart goes on the test strip.
I have also heard people using rain water but that makes me little nervous. I have also heard that needs aerated before adding. I have seen RO units for around 120USD but wonder if they are any good. I know that some have deionization units on them. Is that something I should have. Or if anyone can point me to a unit that you know is good for 100-150USD that would be great. I have a 55 gallon tank and really just want this for topping off so if its low GPD thats not a problem. I will probably just put a bucket in my basement and turn it on in the morning to have it full when I get back home. Thanks for any advice
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: