Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Hello from Maine!
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community  Reply to topic   Post new topic
jarnhestur
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.05.17(Thu)14:28    Post subject: Hello from Maine! Reply with quote

Hello all,

First thank you all for the wealth of information on this site. I have spent a few weeks on here and already I feel a lot more comfortable with my tank and what I need to do.

We currently have a 10 gallon tank which we've had for over a year, which we setup with the water from the old 5 gallon that was 3 years old. We use a Whisper 20 bag filter and a Lee's corner filter. I rinse the bag filter regularly (once a month), but the corner filter isn't touched (it's been in there for about two months) and I don't plan on cleaning it unless it's absolutely required. I have a small heater that keeps the tank at 76
Heather R
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2007.05.17(Thu)19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there and welcome! Nice to see people doing some research before franticly posting questions.

I think you are spot on with the water changes and larger tank. For your current stocking I suggest A 29G-37G for starters (both sizes are made by All Glass and use the same stand, hood, etc..). The fish you have are sholaing fish that like larger groups, as you pointed out, this amount of room would allow for larger schoals and not break the bank.

I wish you the best, and if you have any questions please feel free to ask. Very Happy
jarnhestur
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.05.20(Sun)7:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the 2 head and tail lights back to the store this weekend, dropping my fish count back to 7, which is much better for our tank. I'm looking for a bigger tank, but haven't found anything that will work for our situation just yet. Once I get a new tank and cycle it, I'll add in more neons and serpae's.

Thanks!
jarnhestur
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.04.02(Sat)6:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again!

It's been over 3 years since I last had a tank. It's long over due.

Up to now keeping fish has been my hobby, but my 3 daughters (10 years and under) have been wanting a tank since this past fall. They kept asking me about it, so I figured they were seriously interested this time. I recently found a nice used tank and stand and we jumped at it.

The tank is a 35g/140l with a Whisper 3 (40g-60g) HOB filter. I have two corner filters as well, for added stability. I have a heater as well (I live in Maine, so it's not optional!) I'll create a new thread in the newbies forum for any advice or suggestions, but wanted to post in here again. The tank is currently empty.
KhiaraFish
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.04.02(Sat)9:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back!

My fish mugged me and stole my wallet!
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: