Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Been a while-Tokyo Earthquake Story
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
edinjapan
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.03.25(Fri)4:45    Post subject: Been a while-Tokyo Earthquake Story Reply with quote

Been a while since I've been on this site or sent a message. I usually lurk, don't post too often.

As you all know by now Japan got hit by a big one, living in Tokyo means that 9 became a 7.6 and all my aquariums survived even if all the occupants didn't.

Anyways I lost all but 1 A dovii-a female. I don't know if she's pregnant, left handed or right handed, all the mollies that were her and the colony's tankmates didn't make it but they were sacrificial fish anyways. I also lost a 90 cm aquarium of X pygmaeus and some small plecos who were their tankmates-no survivors.

Both tanks were lost to stupid mistakes, I had left screwtop cans of fishfood on the coverglass of both tanks and due to the shaking the lids worked loose and fell into the aquariums. By the time I got things under control what with water all over the place, no gas, water, electricity or phone for a day and aftershocks ranging from a low 3 to around 6 every few minutes the tanks had gone off and I was unable to save most of the fish in these tanks.

So, that's my story...
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.03.25(Fri)6:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be thankful you only lost a few pets compared to some other unfortunates.

Have you got a reliable water supply yet?

Not the first time I've heard of an earthquake causing fish loss when the tank didn't topple - usually it is the power outages that kills things though.
edinjapan
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.03.25(Fri)6:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

currently 18
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: