Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
blood parrot with kenyi and auratus
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
mrcleansmom
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.03.22(Tue)18:02    Post subject: blood parrot with kenyi and auratus Reply with quote

I know I have been told you should not mix south american with africans....but I started the tank with a female Kenyi (two inches) and she hid so I never saw her. Purchased a friend-a female Auratus (inch & 1/2). They get along fantastic, have their own territory and the Auratus got her out and swimming. They don't pick on each other....so all is well. Then I found a blood parrot the size of a nickel. So tiny. I added her and again-very serene tank. They all get along fine and the blood parrot has her own territory as well. None of them seem stressed or agressive toward one another.

Are there any long term consequences water wise and as these girls grow? I have them in a ten gallon right now and looking to purchase a larger tank. How large a tank should I get or am I going to be buying two larger ones? I would appreciate the help. thanks. This is my first experience with cichlids.
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.03.23(Wed)12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two 75 gallon tanks may be enough.
The issues are diet, water & aggression.

I have seen blood parrots larger than the end glass of a 10g tank.
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: