Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Warning to blood worm feeders:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
mrgtb
New Members

PostPosted: 2008.07.08(Tue)18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I never knew that. Thankfully I never open bloodworm with a knife. I just pop-out a cube with my fingers.

Good information to now though

In fact I've found the best way to get a frozen cube out easy, is the run the back under cold water for 5 seconds, dead easy to pop-out a cube then from the pack, without defrosting it
Sunstar
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.07.31(Thu)16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will keep this in mind as I am rahter alergic to Mosquitos. Not all, but some.
yosef
Members

PostPosted: 2008.10.11(Sat)12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you fell better soon.It sonds very painfull.

By the way I was wandering whats better to feed frozen bloodworms or dried.

Thanks.
tregoatx2
New Members

PostPosted: 2009.05.09(Sat)3:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

How Do I get my mom to stop buying those frozen meals and junk food? read my paragraph thing? Every time we go to the store my mom always buys those gross tyson meals. I am trying to loose weight. My friend said that those frozen meals are bad if your trying to loose weight. How do I get my mom to stop buying frozen foods and make homecooked meals? Also, How do I get my mom to stop buying Junk food?
elenazaaba
Members

PostPosted: 2010.05.30(Sun)23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

elenazaaba
Members

PostPosted: 2010.05.30(Sun)23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood worms are yummy, at least according to my fish
Melita
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.09.21(Tue)14:01    Post subject: Reaction Blood worms Reply with quote

I read your post and wish I had seen it before . I have been having a reaction to something all summer and just last night when I fed my fish blood worm I realized it has been the blood worms all along my eye s would turn red swell out , water itch so bad I would nearly feel like rubbing them out and it lasted for few days , even went to doctor who prescribed Reaction that helped but it keep happening a lot . ya every time I feed my fish now I make sure I don't touch the blood worm and wash my hands really will and avoid touching my eyes .
dmgriz
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.12.29(Wed)9:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself have also had reactions to frozen bloodworms. Mostly just itchiness and irritated skin however on one occasion I must have inadvertantly touched my eye because I had a severe reaction similar to the one described by Rob Taverner in the 'Go Wash your Hands' article.

I didn't have any Benedryl or anti-histamines and within an hour or so I had a huge blister hanging out from my bottom eyelid and obstructing my vision. By the time I saw my doctor the next day the swelling had gone down a little but it was still pretty bad. He told me it was a 'Vernal Conjunctivitis' caused by an allergic reaction. He prescribed some eyedrops (I can't remember the name) and I was fine by the next day.

I still use the bloodworms but after feeding I immediately and thoroughly wash my hands and I haven't had a problem or reaction since.
ant1
Members

PostPosted: 2011.03.14(Mon)15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

its probably not the bloodworm them selves that caused this,mosquitoes prefer to lay they're eggs in stagnant water where any number of deseases can proliferate.
jemsriki
New Members

PostPosted: 2012.02.29(Wed)1:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised on the trop fish you haven't come in contact with fish which really should not be fed bloodworm. Malawi bloat for instance if often associated with a too high protein food, of course this is associated with african lake cichlids but similar is noted in other fish. You could feed the herb' african cichlids a rare high protein treat - but there would be no benefit for the fish and you would be risking it's death. So why do it when they love low protein anyway and keeping them in top condition would only require spirulina based food and mysis for instance ofr a treat instead.
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to: