Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
6.6 Gallon Shrimp Tank.
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.03.07(Mon)10:17    Post subject: 6.6 Gallon Shrimp Tank. Reply with quote

A few weeks ago I purchased a 6.6 gallon bow-front aquarium from Petco. I have a broken Terracotta pot in it along with some rocks stacked that I got from some train tracks (I boiled them a few times of course.) For my plants I have some Mystery plant, a very small Amazon Sword, and some Java Moss. AS for subsrate I have Carib-sea White sand. It is so smooth I can't even begin to describe it. For my Fauna fright now I have just some Ghost Shrimp to get the tank going. I don't think any are dead yet but I'm not sure because there are a lot of hiding places in the tank. It came with a nice little HOB filter that has flow control and everything and it seems to work quite well actually! I will try to upload some pictures when I get home of the aquarium. It will eventually be my Cherry Red Shrimp tank I have been wanting to set up for quite some time now.
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.03.07(Mon)19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so uploading pictures is taking way too long. ( I started loading one to photobucket from my computer and went out to eatt. When I came back an hour later it was only 15% done... Not worth it...) But I was wondering about how many RCS can I have per gallon?
KhiaraFish
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.03.07(Mon)20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard a lot of different things, the two most common are 1-3 shrimp per gallon, or that you only need to start with a few, and that they will breed and the population will level off at an acceptable level.

My fish mugged me and stole my wallet!
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.03.07(Mon)20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Are there any Image Shack useres here that know which code to copy to post a picture?
unissuh
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.03.08(Tue)2:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's recently changed so you need to sign up to get the link of the picture...

Not very hard though, right click on the picture and click "view picture" after you upload it, then copy the link in your address bar.
DaleJr
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.03.08(Tue)9:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the Direct Link option.

With your other tank in use, why not just steal some media from it?
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.03.08(Tue)10:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already done that. I just have some ghost shrimp in it to keep it going till I can get my hands on some shrimp
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.03.08(Tue)17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: