Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Male golden wonder ?
 Forum Index > Killifishes and Killi Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
killifish999
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.02.20(Sun)17:07    Post subject: Male golden wonder ? Reply with quote

Assume he is .Would like confirmation becuase I have another smaller and hes mostly yellow .Do their color schemes change as they get larger ?

This one and what I assume is the female kept trying to kill him LOL ..Have since moved this one and a female to my 25 gal .Have definitely noticed mating attempts and guess this is my male .But when I looked on the net for sexing aplocheilus lineatus .A site posted the females have the darker stripes near the tail ?

Click on pict for enlarged image ..

killifish999
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.02.22(Tue)20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

So no clues anybody ? Have another male golden wonder smaller and he doesn't look anything like this guy .

Hes all yellow .

This guys tail is especially interesting .Very colorful with yellow spots some blue and orange to red at the edges .If its not a GW what could it be ? Hes definitely mating or attempting to with what I assume is a GW female .

Realize pet smart is not the best place to purchase these sorts of fish .But all three are very healthy and I love theme . These are also my first killies .

So what ever it is its staying !
irakusa
New Members

PostPosted: 2012.02.08(Wed)0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, it appears to be a striped panchax, but closer to the wild form than the golden wonder form that was created in captivity.
 Forum Index > Killifishes and Killi Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: