Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
out of intrested
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Killifishes and Killi Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
jake2812
Members

PostPosted: 2009.04.16(Thu)9:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

can these eggs be kept out of water for long periods of time because they sell 50 eggs and to be honest I'll only what a couple and what sort of fish can they be kept with.
nonamethefish
Moderators

PostPosted: 2009.05.04(Mon)18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on what species of killifish.

The most commonly seen killifish is Aplocheilus lineatus. They are neat killifish but rather atypical. They get big(6 inches), and will eat smaller fish. But do fine with other similarly sized fish.

But they are easy to breed and raise. FTR on the waste of money part my pair of A. lineatus was probably my best fish err...investment. Bought a pair for I believe $8 and later sold 50 fry to a LFS for a good amt of store credit. Back in those days it was tough getting killifish in...even golden wonders. If you have a local fish store willing to buy fish from you some of the other killifish would be good bets.
plus all kinds of smaller containers
killifish999
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.02.20(Sun)17:59    Post subject: Re: out of intrested Reply with quote

jake2812 wrote:
hi this is just completely out of intrested but why are killifish called killis if they are supposedly peaceful fish? I don't keep killifish but oneday I would like to but absolutely no where sells them

Who said they are peaceful ? They certainly are not guppies ! LOL

And you can't find Golden wonder or aplocheilus lineatus ? They are the most common and very hardy tough fish .

You have to try to kill them LOL .
 Forum Index > Killifishes and Killi Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: