Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Marineland Pro Stealth RECALL
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Reply to topic   Post new topic
pchsncrm0812
Members

PostPosted: 2011.02.12(Sat)22:17    Post subject: Marineland Pro Stealth RECALL Reply with quote

Just wanted to share this email I recieved from petsmart this morning..

February 11, 2011

Dear Valued PetSmart Pet Parent,

Marineland has issued a voluntary withdrawal of the Stealth PRO Submersible Heater (100, 200 and 250 watt). The product is being withdrawn due to a quality issue.

If you have this product, please stop using it immediately and take the following steps:

1. Unplug the heater from the wall to stop the flow of electricity
2. Let the heater cool for 15 minutes
3. Remove the heater from the tank

Please bring the product to your closest PetSmart for a full refund or exchange. Replace the product with a comparable heater as soon as possible to maintain the temperature of your aquarium. A PetSmart store associate can help you select the right heater for your aquatic environment.

If you have questions about this withdrawal, please call Marineland Customer Service at 800-526-0650 or 800-432-6986.

At PetSmart, we are concerned pet parents, too. We will continue to do everything we can to help you and your pet during this time.

Sincerely,

Debbie Gonzalez
Vice President, Brand and Customer Marketing

Looks like I have 2 heaters to replace tomorrow!
unissuh
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.02.17(Thu)2:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleh, I don't think this brand of heater is commonly sold here but it'd be on the bottom of my list if it was...various batches of these heaters have been found to be faulty after a number exploded in user's tanks (usually wrecking the tank and livestock in the process).
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: