Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Fluval 305 or 405?
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Reply to topic   Post new topic
jrenk
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.02.04(Fri)6:44    Post subject: Fluval 305 or 405? Reply with quote

I'm considering getting a Fluval canister filter for my 55 gal community tank. It is stocked with 3 mature Silver Dollars, 1 mature Angel, 1 adolescent clown loach, 2 juvenile clown loaches, 1 mature 3 spot gourami, and a juvenile (5 inch) leopard sailfin pleco.

I've been running a Penquin Bio wheel 350 for the past 5 years on this tank and thought my water was clear however, when I changed out flourescent hoods the new lighting revealed a cloudiness not previously visible.

With this set up, would a Fluval 305 do the trick or should I move up to the 405 (or should I stick with the BioWheel as my mature fish have been happy with it the last 5 years)?

Thank you in advance for your response.
Topper
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.02.04(Fri)7:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would keep the biowheel and add the 305. You could even consider the 205 if you are going to run two filters. To avoid too much current with the narrow tank (with two filters) you can position the spray bar on an angle towards the side panel.
DaleJr
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.02.04(Fri)10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you arent STUCK on Fluval you ought to look into the Perfect SunSun on ebay..many many many hobbiest swear by these. You can buy 2 for the price of ONE Fluval.
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: