Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
A sad day
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Flame Angel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.02.01(Tue)23:02    Post subject: A sad day Reply with quote

Hey all,
I know I haven't been all that active on here lately, no way near as much as I used to...but I've been super busy, even for the last whole year.
However I have still have had my (7) tanks running. Now though, I am in the process of shutting them all down Sad

The only reason being is that I'm moving out and going to university. However, this is not the end of my relationship with aquatic life, as I will be studying marine biology Very Happy When I think about it, this hobby, and my fascination with it, has probably largely contributed to this decision and will have a huge impact on my future. By saying this, this forum also must receive some credit, as this place has almost single handedly taught me everything I know about this hobby, and influenced me greatly.
So, thank you all for making this place such a great thing to be apart of, and teaching me so much. Obviously a huge thanks to Marcos (on behalf of everyone I'm sure) for making it all happen, plus all the mods and everyone else who helps to keep it running smoothly.

Also huge thanks to all those who have helped me over the years, particularly sirreal63, dale and FloridaBoy who provided an absolute wealth of advice when I stumbled into my first marine set up, as well all the others who have helped with other queries, noteably Dusko (wow he can type out some HUGE replies Laughing ) and unissuh. All these guys, along with many others, have been such a massive help to many fish keepers, young or old, whether they are just starting out or have been in the hobby for years, so a big thank you!

I am yet to find another forum which comes close to this one in terms of experience, knowledge and just general atmosphere. You've done a good job Osmar, so thanks a lot!

Hopefully I will be able to set up some tanks again soon, but until then I might try to visit here every once in a while (like I havent spent enough HOURS on here already over the years Laughing )

So thank you all for nurturing my interest in this hobby and ultimately helping me realise what I want to do with my life! Hopefully some day I will be able to give something back to this hobby, or at least help the subjects Wink
unissuh
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.02.02(Wed)6:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the best with your studies...which university are you going to? I'm sure you'll be tempted to start a nano in the dorm sooner or later if you're allowed!

PS: Remember your marks count, don't slack off too much. Got to do a postgrad degree to get anywhere in pretty much any science nowadays.
Flame Angel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.02.02(Wed)17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be going to UNSW.

Yeah I've been wondering how long I will be able to resist the temptation for!

Yeah, I can also branch off into a whole heap of other majors though as well at this stage. And I'm doing an 'international' course, so I spend some of the time overseas and learn a language as well (was a bit undecided about the language so am doing mandarin for now - I figure it will be helpful in pretty much any area from now on, if I end up doing something else)
Jose
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.02.02(Wed)22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Know how you feel,I had to take my marine aquarium down over the last few days as I am just about to start doing my bsc. honours and will definitely not have enough time (or money) to tend to it. Good luck mate.
Flame Angel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.02.02(Wed)22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible hey haha thanks you too. What uni you at?
Jose
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.02.02(Wed)23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at Newcastle, and as unissuh said keep that GPA high enough to get into honours or other postgrad, don't do what I did and do the minimum work required hehe, cause I had to work damn hard in my last year to get in.
Flame Angel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.02.03(Thu)0:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah okay.
Haha I shall keep that in mind! Thanks guys
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: