Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Endler Livebearers
 Forum Index > Freshwater Fish Species  Reply to topic   Post new topic
goguenm
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.01.14(Fri)11:28    Post subject: Endler Livebearers Reply with quote

Going to be picking up some fish tomorrow and wanted get some opinions. They are Endler Livebearers but I'm not sure if they are pure or not. I've seen lots of pictures of Endlers but they are all varied as far as the color pattern.

http://s994.photobucket.com/albums/af64/BCRainbow/Jan%2011/42gal/?action=view&current=DSC03991.jpg#!oZZ6QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs994.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Faf64%2FBCRainbow%2FJan%252011%2F42gal%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DDSC03978.jpg

Sorry about the link but I suck at posting pics Razz

I love the look of them so I am getting some regardless but just wanted to know if there's different variations of pure Endlers. Thanks
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.01.14(Fri)11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are different strains of pure Endlers from different locations.

These have, in the main, been mixed so unless you know where parent stock was collected it is hard to be sure what strain you have.

These do look like they are Endlers rather than guppy crosses which is a start.

Last edited by diademhill on 2011.01.14(Fri)12:13; edited 1 time in total
goguenm
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.01.14(Fri)12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Smile

I will have to ask when I pick them to see where they came from. I am very new to the Endlers (just recently discovered them and once I saw a pic online I had to find some).
susankatomerit
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.01.14(Fri)13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say that they aren't pure, colors are not bright enough for endlers. Lots of guppy crosses will have the endler shape but not the coloring of an endler.

These are pure endlers and you can see some differences from the pics you posted.

These are mine.

goguenm
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.01.15(Sat)20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I picked up the fish and boy do I ever love them The pic I have in the origional post don't do these guys justice. They are a deep orange/red stripe with green and blue hues on them. They are so tiny compared to my guppies too which makes them too cute. I actually really like the females as well as they are a lot more slender than my guppy females and more of a gold/see through coloring. Will post pics/video once I manage to get some decent ones
semotropicalfish
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.10.08(Sat)19:39    Post subject: endlers question for somebody Reply with quote

I have breed many fish over the yrs and never heard of endlers but a month ago I got a tank overflowing on a trade from a breeder in st.louis...now the question I have he said I could breed with guppies and that would destory the pure line ...but they were mine and I could do what I wanted so question is if I find another prue line will the colors be richer as he was saying or will they be the same for they look like the pic you have with them in the cup... And since there really is no market for them and knowbody seems too have pure should I just keep them as is ...and just let them inbreed over and over...now on Oscars ...Jack Dempeys ...I know how to breed been there still do it ...but these are a different bowl of wax....
susankatomerit
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.10.08(Sat)22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are more people keeping pure endlers than you realize. There is even a website that was once devoted to just endlers but they have added all livebearers.

It would be good if you could add some new blood to the strain, Adrian usually have several strains on his website swampriver aquatics, he also lists them on aquabid several times of the year.
semotropicalfish
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.10.09(Sun)11:55    Post subject: endlers question for somebody Reply with quote

Thank you for the response its good to a websight like this with all these experts I have been reading past post all weekend and have learn a lot about other fish I was thinking about ...the two websights will be a big help..thanks so much for your help...ill keep mine pure breed ...allen
 Forum Index > Freshwater Fish Species All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: