Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Caton's 20g high-ish tech tank.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic
jsuereth
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.12.21(Tue)16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalejr: you just responded to someone who said they feel you are argumentative by telling them they are wrong. I think that's an argument right there.
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.12.21(Tue)21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

true true. but he is gone can we please stop comenting on this???
Caton
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.12.22(Wed)23:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, fine I am back... but only to respond to your post. I am surprised that two other people left.

First off, my name is Caton, not "Caston".

Secondly, I would never buy a regulator off of eBay, unless I know it is quality "name brand" that I know for a FACT people have used it for 4 years with 99.99% of them NOT failing at all.

Third, Yes, you can buy a drop checker, I have one for my 10g, but what will that do when I am gone for a day, or even just 5 hours out skiing. My fish will still die, there is nothing I can do, and I just lost $100 worth of fish.

Fourthly, if you can find a 20# co2 tank, that has been TESTED and has a cga-320 valve, for under $100, please, tell me, I have yet to find that after looking for quite awhile. Then, after the regulator, drop checker, check valve, inline diffuser, that rings up to around $200 (give or take).

Lastly, I thank you for wishing me well on my ventures but I cannot accept that luck from you.

What is the planted forum you are talking about? APC, TPT, or what? I am already on enough forums but I simply cannot be on here with you on here. I would not like this to "explode" into a bigger thing that what it is.

And, just saying, but I wouldn't but anything off of ebay this important. It is crucial that you get quality stuff. Just saying, but you keep telling me to buy one thing and not the other. Its MY money, I can spend it the way I want. To each is his own.
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.12.23(Thu)0:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caton wrote:
Alright, fine I am back... but only to respond to your post. I am surprised that two other people left.

First off, my name is Caton, not "Caston".

Secondly, I would never buy a regulator off of eBay, unless I know it is quality "name brand" that I know for a FACT people have used it for 4 years with 99.99% of them NOT failing at all.

Third, Yes, you can buy a drop checker, I have one for my 10g, but what will that do when I am gone for a day, or even just 5 hours out skiing. My fish will still die, there is nothing I can do, and I just lost $100 worth of fish.

Fourthly, if you can find a 20# co2 tank, that has been TESTED and has a cga-320 valve, for under $100, please, tell me, I have yet to find that after looking for quite awhile. Then, after the regulator, drop checker, check valve, inline diffuser, that rings up to around $200 (give or take).

Lastly, I thank you for wishing me well on my ventures but I cannot accept that luck from you.

What is the planted forum you are talking about? APC, TPT, or what? I am already on enough forums but I simply cannot be on here with you on here. I would not like this to "explode" into a bigger thing that what it is.

And, just saying, but I wouldn't but anything off of ebay this important. It is crucial that you get quality stuff. Just saying, but you keep telling me to buy one thing and not the other. Its MY money, I can spend it the way I want. To each is his own.

Can we please let it go? Trying to argue over the internet about things like this is just... silly. If you have a problem with one another, hash it out via PMs.
DaleJr
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.12.23(Thu)12:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caton wrote:

Secondly: Brand Victor been around since 1913. Trusted. Used by millions of welders around the world. Solid Equipment.

Third: Unplug the solenoid. Simple

Fourthly: Craigslist. Look at the bottom of the cylinder and it gives you the date of creation. If it is older than 5 years and you want to be on the safe side then get it re-sealed maybe $10

So lets add it up.
Victor Dual Stage Regulator (keeping your eyes open for good deals) Less then $10 shipped.
Drop Checker $2.00 additional 4dKH solution $5.00 (mixing tank water with co2 solution is not the proper procedure.
Diffuser (I bought 2 on ebay for 8.99 shipped)
Your cylinder will be your biggest expense, but if you keep your eyes open deals can be found.

Now parts for the Victor
Ideal Needle valve - 8.99-10.99
Clippard Check valve 2.99-5.99
JBJ bubble counter w/ black o-ring 2.99-5.99
Solenoid - This isnt as critical most are all the same.
**These parts listed above are NOT cheap quality parts, they are actually top of the line. Now why Milwukee and other Regulator brands don't use them is beyond me. But the biggest problem is these regulators is the check valve. This valve is used to tune in your BPS and it is critical that you have enough but not to much. With the generic check valve that comes on these other regulator your BPS fluctuates that's why the replacement is so important.***

I have been in the Welding business since I was 19, my father since he was 16. So this information is easy to obtain.

I am not going to play childish games with you Caton and honestly I don't know what upset you so badly. I have never had a run it with you since I have been here.

Here is the link with the Victor build if your interested and I hope it helps you.

http://www.barrreport.com/showthread.php/7785-How-to-build-a-Victor-VTS253b-320
DaleJr
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.12.23(Thu)12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell ya what I will do... I have a brand new Milwaukee Ma957 that I have used for exactly 1 1/2 months. The psi gauge is out but I am replacing it, that part is not covered under the warrenty. Now if you are not interested in building this Victor regulator and interested in a OTC regulator I can sell mine to you for 55$ that is $35 cheaper than buying it online, and is the one commonly used in Co2 tanks.

Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to: