Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Amazing!
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates  Reply to topic   Post new topic
HottieFreak82
Members

PostPosted: 2010.12.09(Thu)15:05    Post subject: Amazing! Reply with quote

This may be border line disease-disaster? I got another Cory to join the community, I had put him in the quarantine tank and also noticed he had a small wound on his side, I always observe fish as I purchase them and didn't notice it then, so I'm uncertain where this occurred but this isn't my concern. I had put him in, did a few things around the house, 15 - 20 min. at least I came back- he wasn't in the tank!! oh-no! I looked EVERYWHERE at least 5 min. I couldn't give up, only hoping if he did jump out he hadn't become a kitty treat. Finally I located him out of water between a table and shelf fairly near-by, I thought it was too late, nearly all dried, he appeared not to be gasping or flinching as I scooped him up, I put him in the tank, upside down at the bottom I stuck an air-stone nearby- I couldn't believe it, about 10 secs. his gills gasped and with in secs. he started swimming and positioned himself upward, so far he seems to have made a full recovery and is acting as though nothing happened- it's been 2 days. This is incredible!! I've heard catfish can live the longest out of water- but I'm just so stoked I found him not a sec. later! He will be okay right? brain damage, gill damage?....amazing!?
rales12
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.12.09(Thu)17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he's OK! I'd keep a close eye on him. And maybe put a lid of some sort on the tank for now... just in case he's suicidal or something. Smile
Topper
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.12.09(Thu)17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be okay if it's been a couple of days and the fish seems "normal". I accidently syphoned three (four?) cories into a five-gallon bucket and dumped it into the garden (I used to employ a cut garden hose for water changes). I thought for sure they were all dead but I put them back into the same tank and they all lived for years with no obvious affects.
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: