Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Coolest house EVER!
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.11.26(Fri)12:55    Post subject: Coolest house EVER! Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0IwpRzWL_4

o.O
nuff said!
KhiaraFish
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.11.26(Fri)13:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did they do this? I don't understand. . . I wonder what their neighbors think, Laughing.

My fish mugged me and stole my wallet!
monstrosity
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.12.05(Sun)18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody has no life. Laughing

29 G
rales12
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.12.07(Tue)12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is actually a house out by where my mom lives (across town from me) that is set up kind of like that. They set up some sort of radio station that just plays Christmas songs, and their lights are set up to the songs. Its actually pretty cool.

This one has a bit too much blinking for me... Haha. That has to get irritating, for both the neighbors and the house owners! I personally would have chosen a slower song...

The house in my town that does it takes donations, not for them but for St. Judes, I believe. They've raised about $5,000 in the past couple of years, only during the Christmas season, and just because of their incredible display. Smile I can't wait until my son gets a bit older and I can drive him by that house every year, because even I get excited; I can't imagine how amazing that is to a 2 or 3 year old. Smile
katienaha
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.12.07(Tue)12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a dedicated area in town that is dubbed "candy cane lane". It is a few blocks worth of residents who (for the most part) participate in setting up amazing lights displays. It is odd to see a house not participate, but you can only assume why they don't - recently moved in, low income, etc etc etc...

But, they receive an electricity bill discount during the month of november and december, and many of the neighbors work together, on about 4 rooftops is santa and his reindeer Smile

They also string lights accross the streets from pole to pole, so it feels like you under a canopy of lights!

A beautiful thing for an otherwise "sketchy" area of town.

Also, on top of Connaught Hill (a beautiful park in the city, which fills a random hill in the middle of downtown) the city puts up a lights display, and charges I believe 10 dollars a carload for people to go up and drive the loops around the park and view the lights. I believe this raises money towards something, but I don't remember what unfortunately.
Arturo
Members

PostPosted: 2010.12.08(Wed)17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's a house not with synced music and lights, but a bunch of christmas ornaments all over there house and yard
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: