Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Riverbank Project (grow out tank)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Dusko
Moderators

PostPosted: 2010.06.26(Sat)7:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

for some reason I am not getting notification for this thread hm ...

Thanks all!

Jacko no I did not see them going after other fish but that doesn't mean I would keep them with Discus Wink

I do keep one Garra rufa with the Fancy Goldfish in my shop to keep them clean from parasites and I can tell you since that fish came in there my Fancies never got anything on them (fish lice etc). The Godies don't mind it at all.

This photo shows why I LOVE open aquariums Smile The LDA-25 was close to the surface posing for a nice shot;

Parotocinclus jumbo are a GREAT algae eater folk. It took them (4 of them) 3 days to clean this wood of algae!
Day one;

Today this aquarium looks like this (note! no algae on the wood);

I like all plants BUT there is something about Aponogethon sp I LOVE Smile and I can't wait to see some flowers emerging from the deep Cool

One G. flavatra jumped out and was replaced but 2 new ones. Everything seems in order now (they can jump out for the first few days after that they should be fine unless water quality is off.

Regards, Dusko
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.26(Sat)8:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful, Dusko. Smile

I saw a couple of those denosonii at my LFS the other day, and recognized them almost immediately as the same fish from your set up. Smile They're beautiful fish in person, and your photos do a pretty good job of conveying that!

Your first picture makes me want an open aquarium! Its a whole new vantage point!

I love how clean they got the wood. Wink
Dusko
Moderators

PostPosted: 2010.11.03(Wed)23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update;

This tank is growing Smile and everything seems in order. The Cryptos are growing like crazy;

I am replacing Zeolite and Active Carbon every month or so. Dosing ferts weekly and Easy Carbo daily.

Changed one tube to lower Kelvin to get this warm color.

Regards
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.11.04(Thu)1:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That is a dramatic difference from the last picture!

I love the lighting. Is that how you always keep it lit now, or is it just for pictures?

Its a beautiful tank, Dusko. Very Happy
katienaha
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.11.04(Thu)1:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

the warmer colour is perfect. I love this tank
Dusko
Moderators

PostPosted: 2011.01.01(Sat)11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying!

A new update;
I did a major prunning and cut down almost all Cryptos which took over the scape. Now the fish and I can breathe again Wink open space and all.

Denisonii barbs are growing and coloring up nicely.

I moved the Yunnanilus loaches (2 males one female) to this tank which kind of suits them better. They are not hideing at all in this setup. Maybe the over hanging roots are providing the extra security.

All the fish are doing great. I placed the 2 power heads so they are creating a strong current, denisonii's favorite spot.
I added 4 Amano shrimps and 9 Corydoras panda.

I got 2 more baby Tylomelania sp Golden snails.

Some of you might know about my attempt to breed Bettas Rolling Eyes Laughing well these two are the only ones I kept, the other 3 survivors I gave to my LFS. At first I thought I had 5 females but it turned out the aggresive female got long fins proving to be a georgeous male.

I am changing water every month approx 40-50%. This tank is conditioned by Aquatan and Easy Life FFM + I add 2-3 T. catappa leaves into the tank.

Actualy, at the moment I am brewing my own Catappa extract Smile can't wait to see its healing effects on fish. This should benefit all fish and shrimps or at least the ones originating from the soft water habitats. I observed my Tylos eating the leaves.

Thanks for reading!
Friendly
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.01.04(Tue)16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice.
UncleWillie
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.01.09(Sun)9:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

This tank is awesome, Dusko. It looks very natural, and it looks so much more mature than your first photos. What I mean is in the first pics, you see that bright white colored light, but now that the tank has aged, it has the much more natural green and brown look that probably represents wild habitat much better.
jsuereth
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.01.09(Sun)12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the tank!

This may sound like a stupid question, but how to you get the wood to 'hang' in the tank like a tree trunk? I'd love to accomplish a similar effect.
DaleJr
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.01.11(Tue)11:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsuereth wrote:
Love the tank!

This may sound like a stupid question, but how to you get the wood to 'hang' in the tank like a tree trunk? I'd love to accomplish a similar effect.

It is a custom background.

Designsbynature I think is the company
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to: