Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Aquarium Resurrection!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
alphonsebelly
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.07.19(Mon)19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have a huge and has never attacked any other fish. Usual guilt was the shark and red tail gourami. blonde gourami died of UAN untimeley as he tried to swallow a very large woman GuppY. while he was stuck, and both expired. Unfortunately pleccie also expired when toddlers Sun has decided to clean an aquarium by adding the best part of a bottle of bubble bath.
katienaha
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.07.20(Tue)1:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nova. where's your tank located in your home? I have my 55g in my bright living room, and I have bright blue poster board as my background and it looks fantastic.

Can't wait to see what you do with this empty shell!
Nova_C
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2010.07.20(Tue)6:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's in my living room, against a white wall.

So far so good with the barbs. No stress signs after several days and the water parameters are all normal. I don't know why, but I'm stressing about this restart a hell of a lot more than I ever did about the original startup.
Ciklido
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.07.21(Wed)16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO the background is fine! what you need is plants wood and rocks, its funy you say distracting as if that was the purpose of a tank, what is suposed to be distracting is the fish lol but thers yet to be sowhatayya want
Nova_C
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2010.07.24(Sat)12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

So everything is stable it seems. My 'canaries' are all doing really well, so I think whatever it was that killed those catfish is resolved. I added a tiny little pleco a few days ago and it's been munching heartily on the fungus that was growing on my driftwood. When I saw they had 2" plecos for sale I asked for the smallest one he could catch.

He's been good, my parameters stable so I finally added the angelfish that I had been planning on getting as the main inhabitants of the tank:

Man, I should have gotten cichlids a long time ago. They've shown absolutely no shyness whatsoever. I have never seen a fish respond so positively to being added to a tank. Fearless, active and already pushing each other around. Smile
Ciklido
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.07.26(Mon)13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah just don't go for the africans, they are wild and primitive and will hunt each other down if food is scarce Laughing
monstrosity
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.07.27(Tue)8:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful angelfish.

29 G
katienaha
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.07.27(Tue)9:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if this should be moved to photo album??
Nova_C
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2010.08.01(Sun)5:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, if the mods like. I just started it in the aqua lounge because I didn't really have a plan for this thread. Was just talking about my restart.

I have the final stocking in place. 4 Angelfish, 1 Common Pleco, 3 Kuhli Loaches and the original 5 Cherry Barbs that served as my canaries. The barbs have been keeping as a small school for the most part since I put in the angels, but I can't see any signs that they're being harassed. The angels like to nip at each other though.

One of the Kuhli loaches:

And a half decent shot of the pleco. He's just a little guy!

I bought a 5 gallon aquarium today. Gonna let it age a week, then I'm going to add cycled media from my existing tank and put a betta and one or two snails in it. It's a neat little aquarium. I'll have photos once I decorate it. Smile
rales12
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.08.01(Sun)7:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the black/red substrate. Did you buy it together, or is it a mixture of a couple different things?

Plecos are kinda cute when they're that little, aren't they? Please tell me you realize how enormous he will eventually get, though... He may eventually want/need a larger tank.
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to: