Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
tomini tang in a 50 gallon?
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Reply to topic   Post new topic
ak dylpickles
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.07.07(Wed)12:19    Post subject: tomini tang in a 50 gallon? Reply with quote

I really want a tomini tang in my 50 gallon! its the same foot print as a 55 just 3 inches shorter! I have read people say that they can be kept in 55 gallons or 75 gallons. because they only get like 5 to 6 inches? but yeah! I will either have a 55 gallon sump or a 30 gallon sump
ak dylpickles
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.07.11(Sun)6:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

still kinda want to know
FloridaBoy
Moderators

PostPosted: 2010.07.11(Sun)13:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I suppose if you could find a smaller specimen (2 or 3 inches) it might be okay for a while, but you must be prepared to move them into a larger system as they grow, to avoid confinement stress issues. A 5 or 6 inch specimen is going to demand a 6 foot long tank in my opinion; the tangs are free-ranging and fast moving by nature, and be advised; the Tomini Bristletooth is considered by some to be one of the more difficult species to maintain in the Ctenochaetus group. Personally I find these tangs to usually be kind of drab, but as they say; beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I do wish you success if you happen to get one.
ak dylpickles
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.07.11(Sun)15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a tang that will stay kind smaller like 6 to 7 inches? I all so herd that they only get to like 5 inches in aquariums? and most websites say minimum size is 75 gallons and the 50 is just a few inches less wide
Mike612
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2010.07.12(Mon)0:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomini Tangs are as small as tangs come.

I have to agree with Floridaboy on this one. A tang really needs bigger than a 50 gallon aquarium. You may be able to keep a small one for a while but you will have to be prepared to move it when it grows too big.
ak dylpickles
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.07.12(Mon)4:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

how long does it take to get maximum size? all so what other fish would be a cool centerpiece fish? I don't really want an angel.
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: