Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Walmart Plants. Good or Trash?
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.16(Wed)4:18    Post subject: Walmart Plants. Good or Trash? Reply with quote

I have not bought any of these yet but I watn personal reviews. My dad said he had luck with them and so did a neighbor with similar plants but that was years ago... What do you think?
http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&search_query=live+Aquarium+plants&Find.x=0&Find.y=0&Find=Find
Caton
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.16(Wed)4:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used them; they work okay...if you wait for 2 months for them to start growing. The ones that don't sprout turn into mush and are nasty... Better and the same price to get the plants already grown.
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.16(Wed)5:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used them and have 2 in my tank now. They grow or your money back, just keep the recipt.

TIP :::: You don't bury them. The will float a couple of day and then sink. Once they sink, place them where you want.
nikelodeon79
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.16(Wed)6:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say about 50% or less of the bulbs I've thrown in various tanks throughout the years have actually grown.. but they are nice looking when they do. A friend of mine had the most gorgeous plant grow out of one of those bulbs... itw as full and lush and didn't require much care or lighting. They are easier to "plant" (as has been stated, just drop them in and they'll settle to the bottom) but getting them to go where you want them is more of a challenge. They're easier to purchase/transport.

I think if someone wants a few plants in a tank rather than an actual "planted tank," they're quite nice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
ducksinconstructi
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.10.28(Thu)15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some of these awhile back, they became mushy and gross as stated above... but then I started messing around with brackish set ups and I tried to accilmate a few of these little weeds.
it actually worked!
the remaining two of these that I have are thriving and bright green in my lower scale brackish water.
they're not mushy either!
jacki.r3
Members

PostPosted: 2012.06.09(Sat)21:59    Post subject: Wal Mart Plants Reply with quote

I bought a package and had 2 grow. I returned the rest and was sent an envelope with about 20 more bulbs. I now have 2 tanks that are becoming overgrown. I have 3 diffrent types of plants that I don't know what they are, but I keep them trimmed and feed them Flourish according to instructions. Since both tanks are new to these plants I am now having a brown algae bloom. I am bringing down my nitrates from 30 to less than 25ppm. I am also following a tip found on forum about turning lights out for about 3-4 hours mid day. I am also keeping an eye on filters to make sure they don't get clogged. The plants look good and as long as I keep them trimmed and remove any brown leaves, they seem to be healthy. You may see me on here about the brown algae bloom, but from what I've read, I need to have patience as this is a common problem. Smile
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: