Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Cyclops culture...DIY!
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY)  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Caton
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.03.28(Sun)13:15    Post subject: Cyclops culture...DIY! Reply with quote

My 10g has been the breeding grounds to cyclops and I have found out what caused the cyclops to appear and how to set-up a culture for them.

First get some wardly shrimp pellets as these are what made them appear in my tank.

Then set-up a small (2.5g to 10g) tank with a filter with media before the impeller, they seem to like a small current.

Then add a few pellets (5) to the tank.

After a few days they just show up! I keep the tank at around 75-80*f but if you keep it at room temp I think they will be fine.

Just wanted to share as cyclops can make a tasty live treat for tetra, live-bearers, barbs, pretty much most community fish.

I don't know if this is the right topic to be posting in so please move if it is not.
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.05.23(Sun)17:49    Post subject: Re: Cyclops culture...DIY! Reply with quote

They need an optimal culture environment. They can make wonderful and beautiful pets. They are easy to care for, but you have to be careful at times. If one gets a virus, they all die and you're left with no cyclops and a depressingly empty tank. You should have a list of instruction to take care of this cyclops.

Last edited by arje06 on 2010.06.01(Tue)10:15; edited 3 times in total
Caton
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.05.24(Mon)4:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the tank at room temp; and feed sinking algae wafers... They is really easy to take care of.
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.15(Tue)10:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you think baby killifish could eat them? I'm trying to find an easy way to feed my baby gardneri killifish
Caton
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.06.15(Tue)14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on how small the babie kilifish, I just got some killi's my self and I think they would, but they are juvies. Best to use microworms or somthing of the sort as I have no experience. Could always try it, really easy and cheap to start a culture.
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY) All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: