Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Coralife Super Skimmer 65
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
allmost
Members

PostPosted: 2009.12.01(Tue)15:21    Post subject: Coralife Super Skimmer 65 Reply with quote

so I finally gave up Very Happy

did a water change and got a new skimmer

now I KNOW as a fact there are organics in my tank, the skimmer has been up for 3 days now, but no foam what so ever !!

I'm not sure if anyone has this skimmer. I use it as a hang on, did a little mod and set the output to goto my aquaclear HOB filter (which is moded to a refugium) so the bubble Issues are resovled.

I have micro bubbles produced inside the skimmer, I keep the water level in skimmer at the start of the collection cup ring, but no reall foam which would come all the way to the top and actually give me some skimmate !
how long do these take to break in ?

also, the red knob on top, on manual it sais u can set it to CLOSE or OPEN, when I set it to CLOSE, I get water line up at the collection cup O ring, when open water level lowers !! is this normal ? whouldnt it at CLOSE mean that no output ? or is close just 50% close ?

any suggestions would help
20 Gallon SW
2 clown fish
1 blenny
3 anemones
3 coral
FloridaBoy
Moderators

PostPosted: 2009.12.04(Fri)15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen some people have good luck with these, but there have also been complaints and there are other brands which seem to get consistently higher marks; bottom line; contact the retailer and/or manufacturer, see what they suggest; if it doesn't work then by all means return it and find one that does! Here's a link with more opinions:
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/corllfeskmrfaqs.htm
ESTHER
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.03.22(Mon)16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find different type of post,actually I was surfing net and came here. find this post different one!Well someone who don't know about it may get interesting type of information from this post
ChristopherLafou
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.05.19(Wed)23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

It didn't work for me and I couldn't find any alternatives.

Have you read http://banishwarts.com/wart-treatments/ it will help you in this situation.
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: