Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
new tank in white out
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
marmstrong2009
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.04.08(Thu)0:49    Post subject: new tank in white out Reply with quote

just setup a 30 gallon saltwater tank. with pinguin single overhead filter pump. used live sand http://livesand.com/ and after adding saltwater that I premixed in a new 5 gallon bucket the aquarium looks like solid white so I started the pumps been running now 24 hrs and it is a little lighter but not by much. can anyone give me advice I am new to saltwater but sg is 1.022 nitrate 0 nightrite 0 alk 300 pH 8.4 lighting has 100 watt cfl tubes temp 79 deg F any help from the experts here would be greatfully aprciated
SoS
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.04.08(Thu)12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its white from the sand cloud kill the pumps and give that sand time to settle. It takes awhile for that fine live sand to settle down. I know with no pumps it would take my tank a day to settle.

If its white from the salt that would be wierd Laughing
marmstrong2009
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.04.08(Thu)12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot I do elieve it was just particles in the water because day 2 it is almost cleared up just lightly milky now atleast I can see the bottom lol I feel stupid
bozistheboss
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.04.09(Fri)0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha yeah, sand always takes a while to settle. Smile
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: