Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Developments in "negative-pressure" aquarium syste
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY)  Reply to topic   Post new topic
romaurie
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.03.24(Wed)1:34    Post subject: Developments in "negative-pressure" aquarium syste Reply with quote

I recently installed a vacuumed-aquarium in a pub that frequently plays very loud music.The base response was so strong the vibrations could be felt in the water.The speakers are not even close to the aquarium.
I had this system on test for 2 months before taking it to the pub and after some initial adjustments to the aireation system of the vacuumed or low pressure section [1 inch of vacuum is sufficient to hold the water in] everything worked fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lxunC_RjPg

I "Googled" "could loud music harm fish?" and there were some very good responses on this site. So now I am wondering about the aquarium location.
I have tested various combinations of tunnels linking 2 aquariums and stand-alone tunnels in low base aquariums, the latter seems very good at stimulating live-bearer reproduction.
Only in this one location have I experienced problems with the fish with no apparent degradation of water quality.
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2010.03.24(Wed)2:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not impressed.

Very overstocked and won't be sustainable with all those fish.
Why have an inverted tank with open water at cigarette ash level and what is with the exposed workings/pipework?
romaurie
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.03.25(Thu)23:42    Post subject: Vacuumed aquarium Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov6P6i1ucu4

The clip above shows where the system was tested with livebearers.
I was disapointed when I was shown this location by the person I work with.
I then discovered the aquarium they had before was smaller than this and the fish were removed to onamental glass vases on tables for the frequent functions held at this venue.The vases were filled with tap water and the fish simply returned to the holding tank afterwards.
It was my partners idea to supply to this venue due to his other work connections with the place.
Under normal domestic household conditions this style of aquarium works perfectly due to the surface area of the base aquarium and an aeriation water pump to add oxygen to the water and a very small pump inside the inverted section to provide a constant water change.This is apart from another pump that circulates the water through an external biological filter.The external pipework was an attempt to split the return water from the external filter that goes directly to the inverted section to provide splashing which in turns provides osmosis.A second pump for aireation now negates that requirement.
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY) All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: