Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Ability to search within a (long) thread?
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic
letelyst
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.01.14(Thu)9:40    Post subject: Ability to search within a (long) thread? Reply with quote

Hello, I am new to forums and posting, and I have been doing my best to search for answers in old threads before starting a new topic. (Thanks to the hilarious animation in your introduction board!) However, I have not yet found a way to search within a specific thread (only a specific board). Is there a way to do this that I have missed? If not, would it be possible and worth your while to add such a function? There seems to be a wide variety of information contained in any given long thread, and the whole needle/haystack problem arises. Other suggestions welcome, of course; I'm not even sure if I've posted this in the right place. Thanks for your help.
katienaha
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.01.14(Thu)10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found the same problem. Veterans will be able to remember where that topic was covered, and frankly, if I don't see it in a sticky or 4 pages back on threads, I tend to just make a new post. Pick the topic of your choice and make a new post. Someone will either link you to the correct thread, or answer your questions. This forum is busting full of information, and much if it is unique to individual tanks.
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: