Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
[split] typing on the board
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic
queenbobby
New Members

PostPosted: 2009.11.03(Tue)4:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

apologies for the typing errors but I feel that your own wording maybe offensive, I.e if I were to suffer with dyslexia and that would be my normal writing method I would feel very offended, maybe just pointing it out NICLEY would have definatley ensured the same change,
kindest regards
bobby
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2009.11.03(Tue)5:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had the cases of dyslexia in the past, and after dealing with such issues for 12 years it has become pretty easy to distinguish between dyslexia and sloppiness, not to mention that statistically the second case massively overwhelms the first...

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...
queenbobby
New Members

PostPosted: 2009.11.03(Tue)5:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I'm a nurse and a midiwfe and working in the national health service I do work with people with difficulties and to be honest I think it would be a great shame for you to always percieve that you are right. the comment was positive feedback surely even the most inteligent of us have things still yet to learn.
ignorance is bliss.
queenbobby
New Members

PostPosted: 2009.11.03(Tue)5:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this really a forum where people can come type in their questions (maybe not grammatically correct) and have thier questions answered?
I myself am a member of 3 other fish forums where I feel that the staff (never mind the visitors) are always proffesional. I have not been insulted in such a manner for a long time.
I Do apologise that you may have experienced some difficulty in reading and comprehending my mesage but really and truly its not really that much of an issue?
is it?
its a shame this isnt a forum that people can write freely and get thier questions answered however maybe thats just due to the fact I met the wrong moderator?
I shall continue to use other fish forums that offer proffesional service regardless of my ability to type, read and write.
regards.
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2009.11.03(Tue)6:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since you insist on pursuing the issue over what was a simple request for you to be more considerate to your readers, I've split your off-topic replies over here to the Site Issues forum.

Feel free to participate in whatever forums you feel most comfortable with. In this one, which is not commercially oriented, experienced hobbyists (professional or not) offer their expertise out of their own good will, and we do require a few things in return from the participants. Since it's also educationally oriented, we do expect a minimum level of quality in the composition of a message, in consideration to those who are voluntarily coming here to help.

Further information about this community's ambience can be found in fixed topics of the Introduction to this Community forum, where you'll find paragraphs like this one:

Quote:

Exclamation Since this is primarily an educational website, we do NOT allow excessively informal typing full of abbreviations and without any punctuation, typical of real-time chat rooms and messengers (netspeak). The official language adopted here is normal International English, including fully-spelled words and standard punctuation/capitalization rules. However, we are very tolerant and welcoming towards non-native English speakers. All we ask is that you write like you would in an English class (not in a chat room) regardless of your skill level.

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: