Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Six Line Wrasse someone help!
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Reply to topic   Post new topic
fishfreak68
New Members

PostPosted: 2009.08.29(Sat)11:38    Post subject: Six Line Wrasse someone help! Reply with quote

Sad

I've been wanting a Six Line Wrasse for a while now. My husband bought one for me last night at our local pet store. She ran for our plants and hid as soon as we put her in the tank; this morning she's lost her color somewhat and is swimming on her side at times but mostly swimming in one spot on the corner of the tank. Is she going to die? I sure hope not because I really wanted this fish to be a good addition to my tank.
FloridaBoy
Moderators

PostPosted: 2009.08.29(Sat)16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well welcome to the forum, and I'm sorry it had to be on such a sad note with the bad news about your Pseudocheilinus! It certainly doesn't sound good, unfortunately it is very difficult to trouble shoot these problems online. Right now my primary concerns would be as follows:

1. The fish has an infection of some sort
Avoid dumping a lot of strong medications in your main display. You need to remove it to a quarantine/hospital tank and observe for a few days if it gets worse you may need to treat it there. Try moving it to your QT first and see if daily water changes help before using any medications. The best way to deal with marine fish "diseases" is prevention via quarantine, good water and diet, this cannot be understated
fishfreak68
New Members

PostPosted: 2009.09.01(Tue)16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

It passsed away yesterday. Thanks for your help
FloridaBoy
Moderators

PostPosted: 2009.09.01(Tue)16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that, please use this opportunity to set up a 10 gallon quarantine/hospital tank and cycle it so you can observe your new arrivals for several weeks without risking your display animals. Use your search tool, there are several threads on this which will help you.
FloridaBoy
Moderators

PostPosted: 2009.09.12(Sat)8:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfreak;
I also want to suggest that you pick up a copy of
"The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" by Bob Fenner...
this is a book I have endlessly promoted on this forum for years; and for good reason. It will provide a foundation for your understanding of the hobby and the animals you are trying to keep. Please make this book your next purchase! Smile
Here's a link:
http://www.amazon.com/Conscientious-Marine-Aquarist-Commonsense-Successful/dp/1890087025
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: