Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Too quiet or is it me?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic
nikelodeon79
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.07.14(Tue)8:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what happened to me is that I started to think back to all the money I spent on my fish/tanks and started to resent it. I think the hobby lost a little luster once I thought about how much better my finances would be if I hadn't gone so stir crazy with MTS.

I've had a few stirrings to set up some of my old tanks but have managed to ignore them and the feelings eventually pass. I still have a bit of an inkling to set up a shellie tank but just don't have the funds or the time.

I'm down to five tanks: a 55g mbuna tank, a 55g cory community tank, and three 5.5g betta tanks. I'd like to get down to four... I have one female betta I'm rather indifferent about and if I could rehome her I probably would.

My mbuna tank isn't as I would like it... I somehow ended up with only one or two female saulosis which were subsequently killed by all the males. I was under the impression I had more, but most of the yellow colored ones ended up being males in disguise. Now I have a tank full of blues... three male saulosis and some white top haras. I'd like some yellow in there but just don't have the energy to take everything out of the tank and remove enough of the other fish to make room. My white tops keep breeding like crazy and somehow a few of the fry always manage to survive, so I will have to resolve to take some of the fish out sooner or later, or else risk being overstocked.

I love my little cories and if I had one tank, it would be the 55g cory tank. I'd like to be able to concentrate solely on that tank, perhaps adding a few more dither fish. I've contemplated a school of neons to add a bit of color and diversity. I may start adding one or two at a time sometime soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
Fern
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.07.14(Tue)9:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my difference is I only have 1 new thing out of the whole mess. An emperor 400 HOB filter. Everything else I have I have gotten for dirt cheap off craigslist. I bought a canister filter off a lady for $20 and she gave me 5 large boxes of equipment for free, probably worth $500-$1000. She didn't want to go through and clean and assemble it all to sell it. So I will wind up posting a lot of question about all of the equipment. Just because I'm mostly clueless with the newer technology. So hopefully my clueless-ness will help keep the forum active and yall quite amused with my novice questions Laughing I will also do a journal of my 55gal while I set it up Wink But what should I post it under?
nikelodeon79
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.07.14(Tue)9:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fern wrote:
I will also do a journal of my 55gal while I set it up Wink But what should I post it under?

A lot of people post photo journals in the Photo Album. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
Ciklido
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.07.15(Wed)17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely thrilling to hear from the same old faces again, especially DF bOBO AND Nu,ber6 which is I think closest person to where I am. Anywho, For me its been quite the opposite. Its been very active. My uncle came from colombia to stay in our tiny townhouse as a refugee but now hes gone after 4 months, and my sisters family also was staying over with my 9month old nephew and now my family is free again, no more visitors. \

We just bought a house because market is great for buying and we are now selling ours this moment which brings me the HUGE question which I have not asked, how do I move my fish so they survive??? I will post that later on so anyonewith advice please just wait =)......Our house is being built right now and started in july1st and now basements done and first floor framing is done. We just need to sell!! and I have to pick courses for university ahhh, and still, I have to do water changes as often as possible so that house looks good to sell, my aquarium is a major selling point because of the aesthetic value

Where can I post the topic of "For Sale...Moving Aquarium" so that it won't be deleted? ......mods?
Un_Lu.cK_y
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.07.15(Wed)21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

DF Bobo wrote:
seems the hobbby has slowed down for me personally. I feel like I've lost a lot of interest in my tanks, though I'm just keeping them going... not sure why. anywhoo nice to see some old faces still around.

I agree completely. A lot is going for me as well. My mom's getting married again, I'm leaving for a Permaculture Design Class for three weeks starting this Sunday, and the whole idea of keeping fish seems to have lost a bit of luster. But launching into the world of frogs brought back my drive for fish. It's kind of weird that frogs inspired me to start setting up an African Cichlid tank Laughing .
BarebackDreamer
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.07.17(Fri)21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been away riding horses at horse camp for a couple weeks and traveling around the state. And I just haven't been paying much attention to my tanks lately. Every day or so I count and health check and feed, and that's about it. I haven't gotten around to water changes yet because I hurt my back riding, but I'm doing them tomorrow. (All levels are still fine, don't worry! Except three tanks could definitely use a few inches of water added.) All I have is a 20 gallon betta sorority, a 20 gallon long with cories and a betta, a ten gallon with a betta, a five gallon with a betta, and a 2.5 gallon with a betta. When the betta in the ten gallon isn't sick anymore the 2.5 gallon girl will go in there.
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to: