Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
A place for manuals?
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Fern
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.07.13(Mon)10:30    Post subject: A place for manuals? Reply with quote

I have noticed that a lot of people (like me) buy used equipment. When you do buy used most of the time there is no manual and most are near impossible to find. So I was thinking that through this forum and the people on it we could bring together and post all the 'missing manuals'. There could be a 'manual link' with the product reviews that would pull up a scan of the full manual. I'm sure this wouldn't be the easiest feature to add. But I think it would be very helpful. I would be willing to take the time to scan what manuals I do have if it saves someone from losing their mind trying to figure out how to assemble their equipment Wink Someone with a legal background would need to check on the legality of scanning and posting manuals to make sure its OK. Let me know if this sounds good or if I'm just nuts Wink
nikelodeon79
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.07.13(Mon)11:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first thought (and I work in the legal field) is that it would be copyright infringement. Most companies will sell you a manual if you request one, so by having it posted online, it cuts down on their potential profits.

It's a great idea... but I would think as close as we can get to posting the actual manual would be to simply ask specific questions in the Chemistry & Equipment forum and hope someone with the manual will answer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
Fern
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.07.13(Mon)11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well it was worth a try.
The idea can to me last night as I was trying to make heads or tails of the 5 boxes of misc equipment I was given. Most of which I'm totally clueless about. Like I've never even seen a UV filter but I think I now have 3 Shocked Should I just put a bunch of pictures of the stuff on the chem and equip forum and see who can help me play connect the stuff?
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: