Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
My Shopping List for 240 litre Marine Tank
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Muskwit
Members

PostPosted: 2009.07.05(Sun)13:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I visited my local LFS today in order to glean info whilst snooping at their Marine Pro setups - though they are runnning at a hugely larger capacity than what I intend - thankfully they know me well Laughing

It was mentioned, that seeming that I have no immediate ambition in setting up a 'pure' coral reef biotope - that it may be feasible for me to run a sumpless & continuous inboard flow system with a skimmer & additional powerheads -whilst the LR will act as the Bio filtration - I have noticed one of their tanks that has been running for several years setup like this with no detrimental problems- any thoughts on this guys??

This would obviously 'free-up' cash to spend on other things?

Now the other thing is, is that I was advised it would be better not to house my intended marine tank in my conservatory (really it is a block extension with a tinted/clear perspex roof - no sunlight hits the tank), and that I should possibly move my intended marine tank into my lounge & put my FW trops into the conservatory instead.

I just don't know the best course of action Confused

Thanks again,

Little me Smile
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: