Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
What type of fish for a beginner
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Reply to topic   Post new topic
nes999
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.04.20(Mon)0:20    Post subject: What type of fish for a beginner Reply with quote

I've the fish not for begginers what fishies are good for beginners.
also are sea urchins capabile buy beginners I think they are cool and I didn't see on the list but, I know that list in not completely conclusive.

edit: I know this is broad but the tank I should be getting here soon is somewhere between a 29 gallon and 55 gallon long

edit edit: I don't know where I want to do a fowlr or a reef tank. though I've been told that if I do a fowlr most likely with in 6months-1 year I will make it a reed tank
FloridaBoy
Moderators

PostPosted: 2009.04.20(Mon)12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following excepts are from the same article...

"With many hardy species available, like clowns and other damsels, hawkfishes, cardinals, certain wrasses, blennies, some of the dottybacks, smaller triggers, certain tangs, gobies, even smaller groupers and predators, etc., the beginner will have no problem stocking the successful marine aquarium while avoiding the ones on this list. Although not all of that last group I just mentioned are necessarily compatible in the same tank, and some will outgrow the small display and eventually need to be moved, they will individually provide hours of fascination and years of success when given proper care and carefully chosen tankmates. Of course, beginners would do well to start with tank raised animals for a while, before risking wild caught options; although sad to lose, captive-bred fish losses will not negatively impact our living reefs."

"As for Urchins, a few species will adapt to aquaria, but require large algae supplies to thrive, and yes--desirable corallines are on the menu. Be advised, some Urchins are highly venomous; the Flower Urchin (Toxopneustes pileolus) has been reported as deadly to humans."
nes999
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.04.20(Mon)22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you FloridaBoy
FloridaBoy
Moderators

PostPosted: 2009.04.21(Tue)12:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pleasure and best wishes for your success...
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: