Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Oranda's loosing scales
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds  Reply to topic   Post new topic
crzyboutfish
Members

PostPosted: 2009.02.24(Tue)18:48    Post subject: Oranda's loosing scales Reply with quote

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
Hardness: 300
Chlorine: 0
Alkalinity: 300
pH: 7.8
Temp: 72

55 gallon tank, gravel substrate, 2 ornaments, several fake foliage, 3 Orandas, 1 Black Moor, 1 small Fantail Gold. 1-1 1/2 week 15% WC, add Jungle Start Right water conditioner, API Stress Zyme & API Aquarium Salt. Tank has a Fluval canister filter, 2 Air Sticks and one med size round Air Stone. Fish fed once a day Omega Goldfish Flakes and three fresh boiled peas once a week.
I jhope that is all the information required. My problem is that two of my Oranda's (Pinky and Brain) are loosing scales. I was not sure if I was seeing it correctly until I skimmed a scale out of the tank during a cleaning. I removed the carbon from the filter and they have been on Jungle Lifeguard All-In-One for 5 days, in which in that time I did not feed them and did one water change (while checking the water levels religiously everyday). They are still loosing scales. The only behavior change I have seen is both Oranda's who are loosing scales seem to surface more than I think comfortable and sucking in the bubbles (due to the air and medication) at the top of the tank. As of yet I am not seeing signs of Swim Bladder problems. I have already lost a Black Moor from Swim Bladder and I do not care to endure another loss. What I do know for certain is that Pinky and Brain are indeed loosing scales. They are not "rubbing" on anything in the tank.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Steph
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: