Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Stocking
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Funky Fish
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.02.23(Mon)16:21    Post subject: Stocking Reply with quote

Hi, I haven't been on in ages. My tank has come along really well with a few ups and downs along the way. My fish stock has changed due to fish needing bigger homes so I am left with a Pyjama Cardinal-Sphaeramia nematoptera - and a female saltwater molly. And my cleaner shrimp.

So a few q's:
Would it be OK to add a green goby and a yellow goby or would they biquer too much?
Does an Banana Wrasse require a deep sand bed?
Would a Scarlet Hawfish eat my shrimp?
Would 3 Chalk Bass be OK in my 142L ?

Thank you Smile
FloridaBoy
Moderators

PostPosted: 2009.02.23(Mon)17:29    Post subject: Re: Stocking Reply with quote

Funky Fish wrote:

So a few q's:
Would it be OK to add a green goby and a yellow goby or would they biquer too much?

It's good that you are asking these questions before you buy!
There are several species that go by the common name "Green Goby," are you talking about the Clown Gobies, genus Gobiodon? The biggest problem with these is they are non-aggressive feeders, in fact they often starve because they can't compete, they should be kept with slow feeders like seahorses and pipefishes.

Quote:
Does an Banana Wrasse require a deep sand bed?

Again, there are several wrasses that go by this common name. For example, Halichoeres chrysus and Thalassoma lutescens are both called "Banana Wrasse," among other names. One of them sleeps under the sand the other doesn't. If you can be specific as to the one you want I can give you better advice.

Quote:
Would a Scarlet Hawfish eat my shrimp?

That one's a little easier.
I suspect you mean the Flame Hawkfish (Neocirrhitus armatus) and the answer is yes, they like shrimp dinners!

Quote:
Would 3 Chalk Bass be OK in my 142L ?

Yes, I think three should be fine as long as they are all introduced together. Chalk Bass have also been known to eat small shrimp, so a little caution there.
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: