Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Nano Skimmer Help
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Liveinabox419
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.10.27(Mon)23:01    Post subject: Nano Skimmer Help Reply with quote

I really am starting to dislike my AquaEuro USA Nano Protein Skimmer on my 29 gallon. I ran it for a day and a half and all that happened was collection cup after collection cup of water, and micro bubbles every were in my tank. Do anyone have any way to fix this or a recomendation for a better nano skimmer?

29 Gallon Reef Tank: 1 Black Percula, 1 TR Percula, 1 Yellow Watchmen & Pistol Shrimp, 1 Six-line Wrasse, 1 Cleaner Shrimp
FloridaBoy
Moderators

PostPosted: 2008.10.28(Tue)7:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's only been running for 48 hours I wouldn't judge it yet.
Some brands take several days to function properly. Then again, it may not ever work properly if it's poorly designed---in which case you might look into another brand like the Aqua C Remora Pro.

Be advised, these things are rarely "set it and forget it" gizmos, they can require cleaning, maintenance, adjusting, etc. As you have already seen many of the products on the market can be worthless junk, choose wisely. Here are two links that may help you:
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/ca/cav1i1/protein_skimmer_impressions.htm
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/skimrs4smsysfaqs.htm
Liveinabox419
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.10.28(Tue)23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I will leave it running. But is there a way to keep plain water from collecting in the cup?

29 Gallon Reef Tank: 1 Black Percula, 1 TR Percula, 1 Yellow Watchmen & Pistol Shrimp, 1 Six-line Wrasse, 1 Cleaner Shrimp
FloridaBoy
Moderators

PostPosted: 2008.10.29(Wed)14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I'm not familiar with that model, but like I said, they often require adjustments, tinkering... some of them have an air valve that you can screw in or out to control and fine tune the amount of bubbles vs. water in the contact chamber, contact the retailer who sold it to you. Again, if it does not improve in a week or so, return it and get a unit that works.
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: