Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Aquapod or Nano?
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Nikita
New Members

PostPosted: 2008.08.25(Mon)21:16    Post subject: Aquapod or Nano? Reply with quote

I'm planning to start up a small saltwater tank soon, and was wondering which tank was better - the 12 gallon aquapod or the 12 gallon nano deluxe. This will be my first time with saltwater, although I've kept freshwater for several years. I've done quite a bit of research, and I know that a tank this small is not the best place to start, but I'm limited on space. I'm only planning to keep a clownfish, maybe a goby of some sort, and a few soft corals in it. Any help would be really appreciated!
FloridaBoy
Moderators

PostPosted: 2008.08.26(Tue)18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I am not sure which products you are considering, can you post a link to the exact products...
Nikita
New Members

PostPosted: 2008.08.26(Tue)19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 12 gallon nano cube deluxe - http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3730+10677&pcatid=10677

The 12 gallon aquapod - http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3730+13976&pcatid=13976
FloridaBoy
Moderators

PostPosted: 2008.08.30(Sat)16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I do see some differences in the specs but I'm sorry, I would really need to see them both in person to pick a winner with regard to filtration and overall quality. If I think about it, I will try and compare them next time I am in the LFS. At first glance, I noticed the AquaPod does not show a lid in the photo---if you are planning on keeping fish, I would caution you about jumping. I have known several people who have lost nice fish over the years due to them jumping out of the tank.
Nikita
New Members

PostPosted: 2008.09.01(Mon)20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, FloridaBoy, I definitely wouldn't want a tank without a lid, but the aquapod in the picture at the top was the 24 gallon - the 12 gallon was a little farther down the page and has a lid. Very Happy I've decided to go ahead and go with the aquapod, because I liked the higher lighting that it offered. Thanks anyway!
FloridaBoy
Moderators

PostPosted: 2008.09.01(Mon)22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good, come back and give us a review after you set it up and try it for a few weeks...
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: