Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
constructive criticism?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic
IrishCichlid
New Members

PostPosted: 2008.07.22(Tue)6:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flame Angel wrote:
This thread is turning out to be one of the strangest I have seen for a while Laughing

anyway, I think you should pay attention to what didemhill siad, I didn't think of it, but the deep gravel could be a problem...although like she (is a she right? Laughing ) said, theres a fairly simple sollution.

I agree this is a strange thread. Who started it?

Yes, there is a fairly simple solution alright, actually there are a few:

Silica Sand, Coral Sand, Pea Gravel, Bare bottom, Aquagrit, Playsand.........etc

Ah I'm only joking with you crazy bunch, it's these meds I'm on at the moment.

Any chance of a few more pics, the tank is beginning to grow on me. I reckon a few Jellybean Parrots and some Dyed Corys and you could get a nice theme going.

Spread the love my brothers and sisters.
MitchTheFish
New Members

PostPosted: 2008.07.22(Tue)8:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishCichlid wrote:

I agree this is a strange thread. Who started it?

Ah I'm only joking with you crazy bunch, it's these meds I'm on at the moment.

Any chance of a few more pics, the tank is beginning to grow on me. I reckon a few Jellybean Parrots and some Dyed Corys and you could get a nice theme going.

Hmm, I suggest trolling?
ucc
New Members

PostPosted: 2008.07.22(Tue)11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I totally agree with Irishcichlid. This tank is truely horrendous. And yes, the gravel is too high. and here are another few points you might want to consider. Sorry I have to be cruel to be kind:

-the pink won't stay pink for long(the same goes for the baby blue). once you get diatoms on the substrate you will get the pink covered in a greenish/brownish colour. Your fish will be thankful since they can take off their sunglasses.

-the substrate is too coarse. Once a uneaten food gets trapped in between the gravel you will have one hell of a production of hydrogen sulphate gas. RIP fish and the roots of your plants will start rotting as well, producing even more of that gas. It will also be quiet smelly.

- I am entirely unsure what look you are trying to achieve ( I failed to see Barbie and Ken taking a dip). It looks like something somebody on a bad LSD trip wopuld stick together.

-What fish are you planning to put in there? I suggest the plastic ones you can buy in toyshops. Any other fish will suffer from that pink/blue colour combination. Unless you want to invest into some of Jack Wattley's Red passion discus. They are horrible and would fit right in there. Alternatively go for Yellow passion discus. Equally horrible looking things. Supplemented by some dyed corys (they come in pink) as Irishcichlid suggested.

-What I find even more puzzling is your use of live plants. For what purpose? They only ruin that artificial, kitschy look you seem to be aiming at.

Please don't get me wrong. I am not trying to turn you off fishkeeping rather the opposite. Do yourself and your fish a favour and get rid of that garish decor. Have a look on this site. There are many examples of nice, well thought out tanks.
Dawn
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2008.07.22(Tue)17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have to ask why? I totally understand that people have their own taste when decorating a tank, and I can understand stating one's opinion. BUT I can't wrap my brain around these abusive posts... This wasn't toward just one member, IrishCichlid, you offended quite a few people.

In order to help you understand this site a bit more I suggest reading General Guidelines for Acceptable Use of this Board.

EDIT: Forgot to add these replies were split from this thread.
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: