Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
An apology, well over due.
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic
cheese-737
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.03.21(Fri)17:47    Post subject: An apology, well over due. Reply with quote

In recent weeks, my words on this site has appeared (and obviously to me) to offend 1.) the members who frequently use the Age of Aqauriums Chat, 2.) members of AoA and finally 3.) Marcos Avilia.

I offended the users of the chat not only by inapropriate remarks and aquisitions, I put the service in jeopardy. After an argument spilled onto a members post (and basically destroyed it), Marcos mentioned that it was at risk, not those exact words, but that was the point. I would like to aplogize to the member who created that post, readers of the post, and Marcos, for having to deal with it.

I offended to members of AoA by posting rude posts about moderators, and using others posts to try to make a false point. People who had to view even the title, I feel bad for, and I apologize to. Those of you who I implied were not good people or members, this apology is for you too. For the members who wasted time reading them, consider this yours as well.

I offended (and this I am especially not proud of) Marcos Avilia, owner of this site. I attemted to use marcos to take action against users that are very important to this site because of a simple disagreement. I sent him PMs with hypocritical apologies, basically saying everyone else is wrong, but you and I are right. I really need to apologize to Marcos for this.

I really thank people like KingFisher and Slimy, for actually taking time to communicate with me right after a huge dispute and accepting the person I really am. In truth, I can be easy to get along with, and value your friendship. I appriciate thier character, and their willingness to forgive and forget ones wrongdoings. We all are capable of changing.

I did not write this because I had nothing to do, I mean every word of this. I am not asking you to forget the things I have done, I just ask for your forgiveness. If you want to accept my apology, I thank you. If you still have a dislike for me, than I don't blame you.

I will not create a new user profile here to wipe my slate clean and perform as a new identity, it is time for me to stand up and take responsiblity for what I have done. I must accept and face the consequences directly, of the actions I have done.

Again, I am deeply sorry to everyone about the problems I have brought on. I just hope that one day you and I can get along.

Last edited by cheese-737 on 2008.03.21(Fri)18:19; edited 1 time in total
Slimy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.03.21(Fri)17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takes a lot of character and courage to write a post like the one above and I am very glad, and impressed, to see you do it.
Very Happy
number6
Moderators

PostPosted: 2008.03.21(Fri)19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

No dislike here Nate... Smile

Kudos on a good post here:
http://www.aquahobby.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=50804

With quite a few more calm, nicely worded replies that truly share your experiences with products, fish, etc. I am sure your earlier "fun" on the board will fade from memory quickly.

I know I would like nothing more than to see you get more interested in the hobby... I am following your algae test and I'm glad to see an update to it. That's the sort of participation on a forum that does much to earn you a good rep!

Photos always rock! they say so much along with the words! Keep it up!
cheese-737
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.03.21(Fri)19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you number6. untill now, I absolutely hated you, and accused you of abusing your power.

for you to come out and say something like that really means a lot to me, and I appreciate it 110%. The fact that you went out and did this at will when you could have easily turned away and ignore it, is really something I admire of you.

Thank you for being such a great part of AoA, and a great moderator. Keep up the outstanding work!!! Very Happy
CAllain
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.03.22(Sat)7:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I didn't see any of your bad posts, but it does take a lot to make an apology like that, and I look forward to talking to you more in the chat and seeing your participation in the boards Smile
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2008.03.23(Sun)7:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apology accepted, of course, but honestly on my part it wasn't necessary...I never have anything personal against people on the board since basically I don't *know* anybody here. To me, people are what they post, so merely posting constructively and consistently is more than enough to "apologize" for any past issues...

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...
cheese-737
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.03.23(Sun)9:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Marcos. It makes me feel better knowing you found this. Even if it wasnt necessary, I wanted to make sure you were aknowledged, in case you were offended.

Thanks Again,
ernie
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.07.07(Mon)12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although like CAllain I didn't see any of those posts, I must say I admire your courage to post this! This should be an attitude which we all could learn from! Smile
Hopefully to talk fish together in the near future!

Cheers, Ernie
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.07.11(Fri)23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Like CAllian and Ernie I never have seen any of those post. I Personally admire you courage for posting your apology. Like Ernie said this is a attitude that we could all learn from. Love to talk fish with you sometime in future in this forum.
Have a good one,
mac
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: