Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Photography section?
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Olorin
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.06.24(Tue)2:57    Post subject: Photography section? Reply with quote

Dear Marcos et Al., dear all,

This site is fantastic. I feel it has a super flavour and atmosphere even if sometimes feelings run high... or other times when one feels impatient for answers to ones postings. As a complete new boy to these sort of forums it is quite fun to notice one's own reactions to how things work Smile

I was wondering whether you would think it a good idea to open up an area specific to photography. There are so many beautiful shots being taken and obviously there is a lot of expertese out there which I, definitely could benefit from. I am thinking techniques and hints for photographing fish, photoshop tricks, cameras etc. I noticed also that, for example, LondonDragon recently deployed a cool trick to identify his/her aquascaping layout.

Is this sort of thing worth a whole area or should one just start a thread in one of the non-fish areas? Or have I just not seen that such a topic already exists?

Let me know what you think, thanks
Matthew
DF Bobo
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2008.06.24(Tue)7:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres the photography section but thats just a gallery for displaying and commenting on pictures whereas you are asking for a section for help with photography and discussion of techniques, correct?

I personally do not see a need for such a forum, firstly because such queries are uncommon. I think in the 2 1/2 years that I've been here, I can't have seen more than 5 such topics. that could just be because there was no relevant section to post such questions in, but lack of relevant location for posts has never stopped people here before.

in any case, theres the chat room (link at the top) and you can ask me or others questions about photography in there. theres also 2 articles that you can try

http://www.aquahobby.com/articles/e_digital_capture.php
http://www.aquahobby.com/articles/e_photo.php

thats my 2 cents but who knows, maybe others will think it is a good idea.

Olorin
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.06.24(Tue)7:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, thanks for those article links. I must confess that I had not noticed those ones yet. I think I was kind of referring to a more dynamic discussion as I see in a lot of posts. I guess, however, that you have a lot more experience with the dynamics of this forum and the topics which get discussed and which are needed. T'was just a thought. I also realise that there must be hundreds of forums out there with discussions on photography but I am one of these people who likes to have everything in one place...
Luna
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.06.24(Tue)17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can start a thread in the Aqua Lounge if you have specific questions related to photography. Or, if you see a shot you thought was well composed, well lit, or so on, you can ask the poster how they achieved the shot. It's probably much easier to do that than create a whole forum for technical photography questions.
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: