Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
I need a new protein skimmer
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Ferrariman
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.06.24(Sun)20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read on a review of that skimmer that you might get some bubbles comming out of it but it will only last a day and then become unnoticable
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
Mike612
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2007.06.24(Sun)20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright thanks. I'm just asking because I read an article on advanced aquarists by Greg Schiemer (http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2005/8/review/view?searchterm=deltec%20MCE600) and he said that he has this skimmer running on his 42 gallon and that it will release lots of air bubbles in the beginning but it will stop after a few days.
I'm just a little nervous because 2 years back, my tank crashed after it got cloudy. A newly introduced clam was stressed and released sperm and eggs into the water, or so I've been told. Within 24 hours all my fish were dead. If I see a cloud, I will freak out. That's the only reason I'm a little scared now. Obviously, I'm afraid of the amount of air bubbles (what I call cloud) because I don't want to see a cloudy tank like that ever again.
Seeing as how nobody's saying anything about the livestock question, I'm guessing that the air bubbles will have no effect on the fish, coral, or inverts?
Ferrariman
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.06.24(Sun)20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't worry about the bubbles.

my powerhead has an air intake on it and when it was on it made my tank look like a cloudy mess so now I never turn it on and my tank is crystal clear.

so don't worry about the cloudyness, air bubbles will do that in saltwater
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
Mike612
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2007.06.24(Sun)21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright thanks a lot guys. You've been a big help.
sirreal63
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.06.25(Mon)4:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a ton of micro bubbles and so does the ocean. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: