Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
20G Planted
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic
JayJay65
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.05.19(Sat)20:37    Post subject: 20G Planted Reply with quote

Hey guys!! I put some new plants in, redid my tank (from the last time I showed you guys) and would like some feedback!

The back of the tank seems to have algae on it, I promise its the reflection

http://www.aquahobby.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=29952
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
aberdufi
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.05.20(Sun)7:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great! I really like the black sand. Hey is that corkscrew val on the right? That is one of the only plants that really thrives in my tank Rolling Eyes .

Everything looks good! What fish do you have in there (or are planning to stock with?)

http://www.myspace.com/aberdufi
JayJay65
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.05.20(Sun)7:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far my tank has.. (its a little messed up)

4 Black Neons
3 Threadfin Rainbowfish
3 Bronze Cories
2 Cardinals

I'm trying to get at least 5 cardinals, but I'm in no rush to, as they are fine, (shy, but fine) because there are no fish in here that would dare harm them, and the 2 cardinals have been in my tank for about 3 months now.. my bronze cories are amazing, I havent lost ONE, from the time I started my tank and put them in there, they havent died, not one Smile Black neons have been doing fine, and just everything has.. its a really good tank mix.. I plan on putting one more threadfin (or maybe 2), and one Otto..

Glad you like it.. All the plants are real, and the black sand is actually fertilizer Smile (got yesterday)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Heather R
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2007.05.20(Sun)8:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice! Are you using CO2 injection or not? If you are, I suggest ditching the bubbles as they only depleate the CO2 level by aggitating the water too much. If not, ignore me. Wink

Again, nice looking tank. The dark substrate is very pretty.
JayJay65
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.05.20(Sun)8:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

munkee wrote:
Looks nice! Are you using CO2 injection or not?

NNNoooppeeeee

I posted this picture on another forum not at all like this one.. and someone responded

"Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not really digging this photo.... or the fish tank for that matter."

Shocked Confused Sad Shocked

Sirius
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.05.20(Sun)11:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayJay65 wrote:

I posted this picture on another forum not at all like this one.. and someone responded

"Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not really digging this photo.... or the fish tank for that matter."

Shocked Confused Sad Shocked

I don't really understand why they would say that. To me, it looks very nice. Although, I think that they had said that because the plants aren't really grown in too well, which makes it look rather bare.

I can't wait to see what it looks like fully grown!
shubapie
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.05.20(Sun)12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is so crappy someone would say that. If they don't like it, they could at least give some gentle constructive criticism. I really like the black sand, and I agree, some fuller plants would look really nice - you could plant some larger plants to get that right away Smile
Heather R
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2007.05.20(Sun)13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayJay65 Wrote:
Quote:
NNNoooppeeeee

Wow that is mean! I cannot imagine ever telling someone that put a lot of hard of work into a tank that it was not nice, and then downgrade the fish too. Some people amaze me. Confused

Well for the record, I like it. Wink
JayJay65
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.05.20(Sun)13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments, I did think it was really mean of the person to say that. A mod. from that forum shot that person down (insulted his comment) very quickly..

I'm still dumbfounded as to what to do near the filter/air pump/heater setup.. The plants I originally put near the heater started to melt (you can see they are yellowish) so I quickly switched that.. I'm thinking about maybe putting some more rocks around the back left of the tank and add some more Java Moss (if you look closely, you can see there is some already there)..

For the back right of the tank, I was thinking about maybe planting a few Elodea's there..

As with the foreground, its very hard, because this is a 20G low lit tank.. I'm open to any ideas...

Heather R
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2007.05.20(Sun)13:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have low light. I have Java fern, Anubias and Amazon swords, that all do very well. I only recently added CO2 injection (3 days ago) for the last 6-7 months I have had these plants with new growth and no troubles without any CO2.

I think they will work just fine for you.

I also think that the java moss near the heater/filter would be a good idea, you can put driftwod or rocks back there and attach the moss with some thread until it roots itself.
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: