Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
What is the scariest aspect of keeping fish?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jahosacat
Members

PostPosted: 2007.03.05(Mon)19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest fear is that my tazmanian kitten will find a way to get into the aquariums, have a snack, terrify the fish she doesn't eat and make a huge mess!
PreppyStudMuffin
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.03.05(Mon)20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest fear now is overheating the tank while I'm gone out of town or just at school or anywhere since my tank overheated over a night and 6 guppies, 3 cories, and 2 oto's all died that morning I woke up.

Another fear is my tank breaking, since everyone talks about it often and it'd be a major tragedy, and would get my room all wet and break my computer and possible lead to a fire hazard

10 gallon w/ 3 Guppies, and 23 tiny fry
4 Betta tanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
invertmaniac
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.03.05(Mon)21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

my saltwater tank DID leak at the bottom and we had to do our tank switch(we were putting them in a 55 nos) a little ahead of schedule. I think what's scary is accidentally getting an agressive fish in a community tank. or getting an apple snail in a tank of plants.
Serkan
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.03.06(Tue)1:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Min ewould probably be playing my Nintendo Wii, then having the wiimote strap break, and having the wiimote fly off and crash into my tank, causing it to leak and mess up my kitchen floor!
ridethelightning
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.03.06(Tue)4:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

going on holiday & while I'm away a power outages happens for 3 day & all my fish die.

trust me I happened to a friend of mine & his whole house stank (the fish were cichlids)
Angela G.
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.03.06(Tue)12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serkan wrote:
Min ewould probably be playing my Nintendo Wii, then having the wiimote strap break, and having the wiimote fly off and crash into my tank, causing it to leak and mess up my kitchen floor!

I have a Wii too, and to be honest I'm not even remotely worried about that happening. I purposely tried to break one of my original straps (got the new ones they sent out). I pulled and pulled on it and the strap did not fail. I saw a thing on the internet where one guy used a banana hook to hang 20 pounds of books from an original strap and the strap did not fail. He would have put more but unfortunately his banana hook wouldn't balance with any more weight. Anyway, unless you've snagged the strap or caused some other kind of damage to it I don't think it's going to break.

My greatest fear is that the tubing from one of my cannister filters would come loose while no one is home and pump most of the water from my tank onto the floor. After that would be a tank breaking.
ismellikefish
Members

PostPosted: 2007.03.07(Wed)0:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah as mentioned above somewhere I hate the fact that a broken heater ould electricute you....yeah bristle worms are good scavenges but I would rather have a fish or crab that is more astetically pleasing .....the worms are creepy.....
nanaglen2001
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.03.08(Thu)5:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides breaking tanks, an energy shortcut or horrible fishsicknesses...its my yearly energy and water invoice... Shocked Shocked
Ciklido
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.03.09(Fri)20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

What am I going to do with all the (tanks/supplies/wasted money) if I stop this hobby and bore away from it!! OO
w

P.S. I'M IN THIS CRISIS RIGHT NOW Shocked
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: