Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
From A to B!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Flame Angel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.02.06(Tue)4:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started out with probably the most basic tank. Goldfish. About 20 litres or something (I upgraded them to a bigger tank when I actually started to do research).

My latest tank is probably one of the most difficult types to keep. A reef tank.

It has taken me about 5 years to get to this and 5 new tanks Very Happy

I have had a lot of different types of tanks -goldfish, coldwater, tropical freshwater community, lake malawi, oscars, various cichlids, yabbies with some fish from the local river, FOWLR, reef tank, along with the breeding, hospital and quantine tanks.
Taino
Members

PostPosted: 2007.02.11(Sun)20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow goin down memorie lane... Hmmm lets see, the first fish tank I was allowed to oversee in my house was when I was 15 or so. It was a 50 gallon tank ( was my brothers he tried salt water but prooved to much at the time for him to handle ) I had the usual fish from the LFS, tiger barbs, rosie barbs, redtail shark, bala shark, tinfiols. Tank went OK for a year or so till I wanted big fish. Got me a 2" arrowanna that grew to about 15"! Also got a paroon shark that was 4" and grew to 11". Tank was cool to me, had these guys for 3 years, they had some tank mates too, my 3 tinfoils were over 6 inches, 2 bala sharks that were 8"+ and a pleco. Sad to say they all died from a heatwave, couldn't figure how to keep the water cool Crying or Very sad
Now I have a 30gal tank with live plants, dwarf gouramis (4) pair of apistogramma cacatuoides (male is tripple red) , clown loaches (4) burmise border loaches(2) balloon rams (2) angelicus catfish, albino rainbow shark also have a 20 gallon with 3 angle fish
I also have a great LFS guy that is educating me as well as this site on how to keep my fish happy! Very Happy
tayler
Members

PostPosted: 2007.02.20(Tue)0:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

point a.10 gallon point b.2 10 gallons 2 29 gallons 3 smaller betta aquariums
ismellikefish
Members

PostPosted: 2007.03.02(Fri)21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started when I was only 5 with a 10 gallon hex"A" then from there I whent to a 40 gallon salt water to my now 75 gallon planted"B".
arachnar
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.03.02(Fri)21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

started with 10 gallon in 5th grade and had couple distasters ;in 8th grade upgrade to 29 gallon which I still have with rainbows and gourami and other fish ,10 gallon was recently resurrerected(I don't think I spelled that right)and will hopefully become paludarium,maybe it would help if I bought the equipment ,I only have water and sand so far..............hhhmmmmm...deep thoughts

Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: