Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Waiting For Cycle
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
PBiddy412
Members

PostPosted: 2007.02.05(Mon)17:30    Post subject: Waiting For Cycle Reply with quote

How many people here hate waiting for the ammonia to drop and the nitrates to go up to their respected level? It is a good test of patience I'm learning cycling my first tank. I been checking the ammonia like its going to go down and its on the third day since I started the cycle. I know it could last a week to two but man its killing me seeing an empty tank!

All I know is it will be good for the fish so it keeps me patient because I love watching beautiful colorful fish swimming around happily! Just curious to how many of you hate waiting? Razz
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.02.21(Wed)12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my first tank, I started the cycle then tested 3 weeks later. All was well. I am about to start my second tank and will do the same thing. It does take patience, but its well worth the wait Smile
Angela G.
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.02.21(Wed)13:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cycling time is the perfect opportunity to think about what you want to do with your tank. Most of the time you already have an idea of what fish you want to put in, but it's still a good time to stop and recheck all of your decisions. Also while doing that you may come across something that would work even better.

Plus it's always a good idea to go look around your local fish stores to see what kind of a selection they have. I know I've had to alter my plans based on lack of availability of a certain fish.
Ciklido
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.02.21(Wed)15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I set up my 55 gallon african cichlid tank all I did was fill it with treated water, and I left the water in there with some bogwood and natural substrate from colombia (a plant started growing but disapeared) for about two weeks with partial lighting and some time of filtering. Then I added substrate, then I added 8 tiger barbs and 3 giant danios and 2 mollies, then I took them out a week later, then I increased pH and a week later I added the first fish, a Red Top Zebra. Then I just added fish. But oh I never measured nitrites nitrates or ammonia (still haven't) Embarassed .
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: