Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
No foam :/
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Atlantis
Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.22(Mon)23:34    Post subject: No foam :/ Reply with quote

Hi, I just install my new coralife super skimmer (65g model) and I do have fellow the instruction, but getting no result. Is it possible that I have to wait for the pump to be broken in?

I have set the water level until de microbubbles went to aprox .25" in the collector cone to get a dry skimming, but there is no foam accumulating.....

Seems for me that the coralife is not skimming properly.

If some1 have ever experience this skimmer please if u can help it will be appreciate.
sirreal63
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.01.23(Tue)7:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will take some time for the skimmer to break in...what that really means is the oils on the plastic pcs. need to be cleaned off. Give it a week before you will see much production. Once the bio-film starts collecting on the equipment and the manufacturing oils dissipate it will skim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Atlantis
Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.23(Tue)8:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ty! Wink I was feeling like it was a waste of money, but this morning I really saw the difference from yesterday, its really start skimming.
sirreal63
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.01.23(Tue)10:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

They aren't the greatest skimmers but they will work fine if you keep them clean. The 65 Gallon model would probably do OK on a 30 gallon tank. Remember to keep it clean and it will be OK.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Atlantis
Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.25(Thu)18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

seriously, it is crap, it didn't skin at all. Some foam get in the cone but no foam get in the cup lol, the foam isnt constant at all.

The only time foam get in the cup is when I raise the water level, so it push the foam aleardy in the cone in the cup. I can get a few wet skimming but thats all..

I regret this purchase! Crying or Very sad
sirreal63
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.01.25(Thu)19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give it another week...they aren't the greatest skimmers but they will work.
dale
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.01.27(Sat)22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Coralife 125 that serves me well but they can be a bit finicky. The adjustment dial isn't precise enough IMO and you have to tweak it to find just the right bubble height in the neck. It has to be adjusted every once in a while as well to compensate for varying tank water levels and grunge build up in the neck.
As stated, it may just take some time. Perhaps there isn't that much dissolved organic material to remove from the tank yet.

Foam in the neck and collection cup:

And in a bucket by using a hose connected to the nipple on the bottom of the collection cup:

Atlantis
Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.28(Sun)19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tx for the reply Dale, ill try to be more patient. Maybe it works well but, as I said I'm new with skimmer so..maybe I do over estimate the works of a skimmer. Well, ill give u some news by the next week.

Smile
Atlantis
Members

PostPosted: 2007.02.16(Fri)15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey dale, my skimmer is working great now! Told ya ill let u some news, Now look at a couple of day of skimming. U guys were right about the break in period. Date is not set on the cam btw.

Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: